What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple remote app recognises ipad but wont connect - any ideas?

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I have a spare laptop hooked up to my surround sound. Greatest thing ever is the latest update from apple as I can now transfer music from my main laptop which runs iPhone and iPad to my music one. But now the apple remote app doesn't work. My iPad comes up in iTunes. I type the 4 digit number in and then my iPad sits there for ages looking for content and finally tells me it can't be found.

It did used to work...
Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Please help me!

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something similar happened to me also with the Apple Remote app but it had to do with AppleTV. I shut Remote by double tapping the home button and closing it there. Then AppleTV woke up to do an update too. After that Remote worked perfectly.

Did you install the latest iTunes update on the laptop, you didn't say?

OP
8nobody8

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes latest iTunes and latest os on iPad. But doesn't work on iPhone app either which I haven't upgraded yet (small fact of being without a phone for a couple of hours!)

I have turned everything off and o. Again. Even uninstalled the app on the iPad. I've tried turning off the firewall. Nothing. ITunes just doesn't want to play with the iPad :(

OP
8nobody8

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok fixed it! Had a secondary firewall running that I wasn't aware of!!! Now THAT was a mission! Thanks for the help!

Most reactions