What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Releases iTunes 11

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
iTunes_2012.JPG

It’s finally here, yippee! Yes, as AppleInsider writes, an as most of you have probably already found out, Apple has today released iTunes 11 to the public. The update is really much more than an update, representing a complete overhaul of iTunes. The main features include a new, edge-to-edge design, custom designs for each album, movie or TV show in your library; a new store, which Apple says is a more “clean†look; the ability to play your purchases from within iCloud, including your music, movies and TV shows; the new “Up Next†feature, where you can see which songs are coming next; a new MiniPlayer, which now includes album art, and is generally smaller and more elegant, according to Apple; improved search, making it easier to find what you’re after in iTunes; and playback syncing, where iCloud will remember where you are in a movie or TV show, whether you are using your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Apple TV. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Apple releases redesigned iTunes 11 with iCloud integration for Mac, Windows[/FONT]

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just downloaded it. Much improved I must say (so far). It is more responsive and snappier all around. Thumbs Up....

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've been waiting for this release! :thumbs: Need to replace my old iPod Touch (carry all of my music on it!) and wanted a NEW iTunes before a purchase. BUT, hate to start w/ a x.0 version of a release - will likely wait a while to see others' experience w/ this initial offering and to see how soon Apple updates it - :)

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just restored to 10 as I use features they removed in 11.

There are a few people around like me that go back to previous versions as Apple love removing useful features and make things harder and not as good. iTunes 11 is the next for them to attack and screw up.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've just restored to 10 as I use features they removed in 11.

There are a few people around like me that go back to previous versions as Apple love removing useful features and make things harder and not as good. iTunes 11 is the next for them to attack and screw up.

What did they remove?

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
What did they remove?

The ability to resize icons, now they are big and you no longer get a choice to resize them
The nice downloads tab, its now a stupid tiny icon at the top right.
The artwork viewer. The bottom left where you usually see the artwork or icon of whatever is highlighted.
The different views of just about all tabs. Usually there are 4 different views, what I saw there are now 2. In iTunes 10 I have cover flow as my view, that's gone.
The menu is usually the top most thing. They removed it but when you re-enable it, it's now below the top bar, stupid place for it.

After seeing all those changes I delete it and went back to iTunes 10. I don't care for more changes as I'm not going to update.
I'm not going to get another iPhone so I no longer care for iTunes either. The sooner I rid these apple crap the better.

The buggiest software is have installed is iTunes and I install a lot of beta software and iTunes is still the buggiest software there is.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I'll point out one thing I do like about 11. I've never signed up for the Cloud thingmie. But now, when I buy songs on my iPhone I don't have to then hook it up to the PC and do the whole "transfer purchases" thing to get them onto the PC. The songs show up in the list with a cloud icon next to them and you just click on it to download them. Nice.

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The nice downloads tab, its now a stupid tiny icon at the top right.

If you enable the menus and go to the View menu you can show the sidebar - that gives you a iTunes 10 look. However you have to click on the downloads icon (little down arrow that appears when downloads are in progress). This opens a windows with the list of downloads and their progress.

Everything from iTunes 10 is still there as far as I can tell. In some cases you need to change the view to one that matches how the older version worked.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This new version seems to load quicker than the old versions of iTunes. This was always an issue on my windows pc. Also I had to connect all my idevice back to my pc using the wired cable to enable the wireless sync to occur again. All seem to work fine now and syncs faster than normal.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't use my iTunes much. TBH, it's just the storehouse for my music (that gets played elsewhere), apps and backups. In fact, 98% of what i do with iTunes is back-up my iDevices (and transfer apps over). Since I can still do that easily, then this upgrade is fine.

However. I am pleased as punch that it seems to be faster. When I am scrolling through the list of apps in the iPad summary window, they fly by versus herky-jerky. Makes looking for a certain app that much easier.

So, for that alone - I'm thrilled with the update.

Marilyn

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Much better. More responsive, better look to it. Haven't found everything yet but give me time.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm lost here and NOT very happy.. I liked the old version as clumsy as it was.. I used to be able to see things like a graph showing the iPad memory useage, but that seems to be gone now. The only options I seem to have is to view one thing at a time.. Music, Movies, Books, Apps, Home Sharing and the iTunes store.... And that's it..

I think with Steve Jobs gone, Apple is starting to lose direction.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well.. I managed to get the sidebar working, so it's a little more familiar, but the option to select "owner's iPad" isn't there. I still can't seem to find a way to bring up stuff like the useage graph...

Most reactions

Latest posts