What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Releases iOS 6.1.3

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
11752-ios-6-3-1.JPG

AppleInsider reports that Apple has today released iOS update 6.1.3, which, in the words of the update, “Fixes a bug that could allow someone to bypass the passcode and access the Phone app.†Specifically, the bug that the notification is referring to here is the recently discovered security hole that enables a user who is up to no good to activate the exploit by making and then immediately cancelling an emergency call, even when the iOS devices is protected by a passcode lock. The person could then plug the phone into a computer via USB, and access the real user’s data. The other main feature of the new update is more tweaks for Apple Maps Japan, which Apple has been trying to perfect over the past few months. As ever, the advice to those who have jailbroken iOS devices is to keep reading these forums and hold fire on updating your device until we have information that it is safe to install the update without the risk of losing the jailbreak. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source:[/FONT]
Apple releases iOS 6.1.3 with fix for lock screen security flaw

Victoria022

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds brilliant! I am also happy with the news regarding the Maps of Japan to be done perfectly by Apple. I hope there will be more countries to be included with their Map application

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Latest update

Hi,
Just updated my ipad 3 32gb wifi only to the latest OS 6.1.3. Will let you know how it goes but so far I have never had a problem with updates from Apple.
Mike

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, as usual no evident problems so far. Everything seems which is good news for me. I don't know about anyone else but I always treat any updates with trepidation, especially on my PC and mobile. There always seems to be some little problem. Apple wise, all good.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, as usual no evident problems so far. Everything seems which is good news for me. I don't know about anyone else but I always treat any updates with trepidation, especially on my PC and mobile. There always seems to be some little problem. Apple wise, all good.

Hi Mike---

I just moved your thread to this post to keep things all together regarding the update. Hope you understand.

Ski

Most reactions

Latest posts