Apple releases a new wonderful iPad ad featuring poetry

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Jan 13, 2014.

1. RaduTyrsina

RaduTyrsina
    Expand Collapse
    News Team

Thanks Received:

Apple is known to masterfully craft the TV ads that it releases for its products. The latest iPad ad is called “Your Verse Anthem†and was launched during the NFL playoffs. It features poetry and humanity and words from "Dead Poet's Society." You can see it for yourself in the above video. The ad contains an excerpt of Robin Williams from Dead Poets Society talking about poetry, and life:

This ad is obviously trying to highlight the iPad as a tool of creation as opposed to a device focused on passive consumption. What do you think of the ad?

Source: Cnet

#1 RaduTyrsina, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I like the ad. I'm not sure why people can't see a tablet as a creation device, rather than simply comsumption. I guess people only pay attention to creation when it is profound. Nothing else seems to count in that regard. Sad.

3. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I believe they can in some regards but for the most part it requires a laptop or desktop to create the content for tablets and phones. That's how it kind of is. Sure, you can whip up some cool art, documents, and some productive things but when it's time to really create..... The laptop gets flipped open or that trusty old PC has to get booted up. It will be that way for quite some time too.

I felt that ad was a tad meh actually. The pencil one for the iPad Air was great though.