What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple releases a new wonderful iPad ad featuring poetry

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score

Apple is known to masterfully craft the TV ads that it releases for its products. The latest iPad ad is called “Your Verse Anthem†and was launched during the NFL playoffs. It features poetry and humanity and words from "Dead Poet's Society." You can see it for yourself in the above video. The ad contains an excerpt of Robin Williams from Dead Poets Society talking about poetry, and life:

We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering — these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love — these are what we stay alive for.

To quote from Whitman,

“O me, O life of the questions of these recurring.
Of the endless trains of the faithless. Of cities filled with the foolish. What good amid these, O me, O life?
Answer: that you are here. That life exists and identity. That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.â€

“That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.â€

What will your verse be?

This ad is obviously trying to highlight the iPad as a tool of creation as opposed to a device focused on passive consumption. What do you think of the ad?

Source: Cnet

Last edited by a moderator:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like the ad. I'm not sure why people can't see a tablet as a creation device, rather than simply comsumption. I guess people only pay attention to creation when it is profound. Nothing else seems to count in that regard. Sad.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like the ad. I'm not sure why people can't see a tablet as a creation device, rather than simply comsumption. I guess people only pay attention to creation when it is profound. Nothing else seems to count in that regard. Sad.

I believe they can in some regards but for the most part it requires a laptop or desktop to create the content for tablets and phones. That's how it kind of is. Sure, you can whip up some cool art, documents, and some productive things but when it's time to really create..... The laptop gets flipped open or that trusty old PC has to get booted up. It will be that way for quite some time too.

I felt that ad was a tad meh actually. The pencil one for the iPad Air was great though.

Most reactions

Latest posts