What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Release 4.3.4 - Jailbreakers BEWARE!

c4lvin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys is it necessary to follow up on an iPhone4 4. 3. 3 cydia jailbreak update. Sorry i asked here as i did it on my ipad2 but forgot to do it for my friend when she is out of town. I did save those blobs before i JB'ed it though. Just wondering that's all.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
787 said:
have ipad 2 ios 4.3.2 and need to upgrade to 4.3.3 in order to use the jailbreakme.com

download the ios 4.3.3 from this side and do a restore?

Sounds good. Download it, open iTunes and do a shift restore. (command restore on Mac)

Rushh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If i don't upgrade to 4.3.4...
Will i still be able to do a restore(my ipad2 3g) in the future (using the downloaded 4.3.3 firmware and shsh saved blobs) .. ? (when apple is not signing 4.3.3 anymore)

Sometimes downloading some stuff incompatible can really konk off your ipad , ive had to do this once already!

Confucious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org
If i don't upgrade to 4.3.4...
Will i still be able to do a restore(my ipad2 3g) in the future (using the downloaded 4.3.3 firmware and shsh saved blobs) .. ? (when apple is not signing 4.3.3 anymore)

Sometimes downloading some stuff incompatible can really konk off your ipad , ive had to do this once already!

No. Because of the lack of a bootrom exploit the trick to kick it out of recovery and bypass the BB checking won't work and you will be forced to upgrade.

Rushh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is certainly not good news :(

So, does this also apply to the ipad2 (only wifi) users. ?

Last edited:

cesctheman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like jail breaking wil be harder or a thing of the past soon. Really don't see the point in jailbreaking anyway.

Confucious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org
That is certainly not good news :(

So, does this also apply to the ipad2 (only wifi) users. ?

WiFi only iPads should be OK if they have their Blobs saved.

If you don't want iTunes to tell you you are not on the latest version and hence reduce the risk of an accidental upgrade go into System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist and change 4.3.3 to 4.3.4 and 8J2 to 8K2 and reboot.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Confucious said:
If you don't want iTunes to tell you you are not on the latest version and hence reduce the risk of an accidental upgrade go into System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist and change 4.3.3 to 4.3.4 and 8J2 to 8K2 and reboot.

It would be useful if you also explained to folks the potential side effects of this, such as incorrect package dependency checks. We have a lot of inexperienced jailbreakers on here.

Confucious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org
You are, of course, right that apps use this to make sure you are on the right FW and this is not normally something I would recommend, but in this case the differences between 4.3.3 and 4.3.4 are so minor that potential problems are minimal.

I will try and be more careful with my advice in future.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Confucious said:
I will try and be more careful with my advice in future.

Good man.

It just I've seen folks stress over having Cydia automatically remove packages after a change like this if packages have their iOS dependency is set poorly by the developer.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought the 4.3.3 window was closed but a recent post by a member says it is still open.

Most reactions

Latest posts