What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple question

Reaction score
You can restore the firmware and Apple will repair/replace your device if something is broken.

It might be possible that certain jb files are not deleted, but when you connect the iPad to Apple's MacBooks for their service software to check the iPad, it will only show when you have installed the latest firmware, not that it was jail broken beforehand.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know they say it voids the warranty, but...

Of course jailbreaking your iPad can cause the software not to function normally, but as far as I know, there has never been one single case of jailbreaking damaging the hardware.

So the bottom line is that if your software starts flaking out after your jailbreak, you can restore the firmware. If there is a hardware issue, Apple is going to send you a replacement unit with the latest version of the iOS on it anyway.

OP
K

Kinghalifax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about on the iphone 4 can they tell if it has been jb after a complete restore

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
K

Kinghalifax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im just waiting on a untethered jb for the iphone4 4.3 .. Im stayin away from 4.3.1

Reaction score
Kinghalifax said:
Im just waiting on a untethered jb for the iphone4 4.3 .. Im stayin away from 4.3.1

Why? There won't be any untethered jb for 4.3, it only comes for 4.3.1. That is the reason why the untethered jb has been delayed, because they had to wait for Apple to release the update before making their used exploits public.

OP
K

Kinghalifax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I should update to 4.3.1 because the JB won't work on 4,3??? Or will the jb work for both

Most reactions

Latest posts