Apple Prepares a Software Update for iPhones and iPads Before iOS 8.2 Gets Released

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Dec 26, 2014.

1. RaduTyrsina

RaduTyrsina
    Expand Collapse
    News Team

Thanks Received:
    ios 8.1.3.jpg

Apple is said to be working hard behind the curtains on the upcoming release of iOS 8.2, but before that happens, the company could release another software update for iPhone and iPad owners.

A a significant number of iPhone and iPad owners are still affected by WiFi, Bluetooth and battery issues, so Apple could be planning to release a minor software update that won't necessarily bring important new features, but it will rather address these annoying problems that many are still having.

MacRumors publication was the first to observe signs of what it calls the iOS 8.1.3 update:

By the looks of it, iOS 8.1.3 could arrive ahead of iOS 8.2 which Apple has already said is due for release in late January/February. So, you should expect the software update to roll out anytime in January, most likely.

Apple’s Developer site states iOS 8 adoption has now reached 63% on compatible devices which makes it the slowest uptake in iOS history. Therefore, Apple needs to do whatever it takes in order to convince current iOS 7 users that iOS 8 is well-worth the update.

Source: MacRumors

2. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    8.1.2 has been. Rey stable for me in every regard. But, if they keep tweaking it then by all means I'm wiling to update. :)

3. tlbaker

tlbaker
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I love updates. Some people hate them and get upset when Facebook makes an update.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD