What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Prepares a Software Update for iPhones and iPads Before iOS 8.2 Gets Released

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
ios 8.1.3.jpg

Apple is said to be working hard behind the curtains on the upcoming release of iOS 8.2, but before that happens, the company could release another software update for iPhone and iPad owners.

A a significant number of iPhone and iPad owners are still affected by WiFi, Bluetooth and battery issues, so Apple could be planning to release a minor software update that won't necessarily bring important new features, but it will rather address these annoying problems that many are still having.

MacRumors publication was the first to observe signs of what it calls the iOS 8.1.3 update:

The number of hits from iOS 8.1.3 remains low, numbering just a few dozen in total from Apple's networks. A view of overall traffic from iOS 8.1.3 devices shows a clearer upward trend aside from a weekend dip, based on a much larger sample size. While there are more likely to be faked identifiers in the general pool of web visitors, the clear trend of increasing usage and visits coming from Apple's own networks have historically been reliable indicators of Apple's development work.

By the looks of it, iOS 8.1.3 could arrive ahead of iOS 8.2 which Apple has already said is due for release in late January/February. So, you should expect the software update to roll out anytime in January, most likely.

Apple’s Developer site states iOS 8 adoption has now reached 63% on compatible devices which makes it the slowest uptake in iOS history. Therefore, Apple needs to do whatever it takes in order to convince current iOS 7 users that iOS 8 is well-worth the update.

Source: MacRumors

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
8.1.2 has been. Rey stable for me in every regard. But, if they keep tweaking it then by all means I'm wiling to update. :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
8.1.2 has been. Rey stable for me in every regard. But, if they keep tweaking it then by all means I'm wiling to update. :)

I love updates. Some people hate them and get upset when Facebook makes an update.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts