What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Pencil.

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On one end of the adapter is a very small.
Adjustments.jpg

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for your work. Looking at a week know company l came across this this picture also.
Adjustments.jpg

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I find that using the Apple Pencil it slides too much, across the screen. This may be because of the screen protector l am using l do not know.
Anyway whilst searching through the web came across these small rubber tip protectors. At a reasonable price.
Thinking well that will save tip wear, but in fact it does for both jobs. I get resistance across the screen the as well.
IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg

The only problem is we keep loosing them. BB

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I find that using the Apple Pencil it slides too much, across the screen. This may be because of the screen protector l am using l do not know.
Anyway whilst searching through the web came across these small rubber tip protectors. At a reasonable price.
Thinking well that will save tip wear, but in fact it does for both jobs. I get resistance across the screen the as well.View attachment 90098

View attachment 90098
The only problem is we keep loosing them. BB

That’s an interesting solution. Hadn’t come across it before. The alternative is something like the Paperlike screen protector. However, it’s a lot more expensive, and you need a lot of care to install it perfectly. I found I like it on my Mini, which I use a lot for taking notes, but am unwilling to try it on my 12.9” iPad Pro. I’m pretty sure I’d blow both chances to install it right. I’m just too impatient.

Replacement tips are available for the Apple pencil. Not that I’ve managed to wear one out, or even close to it. I did ruin a Logitech Crayon tip, but that wasn’t wear and tear. It got smooshed by something.

The Logitech is a bit cheaper than a Pencil, charges directly from the lightning cable without an adaptor, and is somewhat more child friendly. It is more limited than the Pencil, but not by much. An artist may care, but kids and/or someone who mostly takes notes won’t.

The only major drawback to the Crayon (in my opinion) is that it is more trouble to charge when out and about. You need the charger, since it can’t be plugged directly into the iPad. That’s why I ponied out the extra for 1st Gen Pencil when my Crayon broke.

Most reactions