What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Pencil

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a new model Pencil or is the Pencil the same as the original?

My understanding is the pencil is the same but the responsiveness is increased on the new ipads' displays due to the higher refresh rate: 120 Hz vs 60 on the older iPad pros...

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In fact I just read that the responsiveness on the new iPad pros, when using the Apple Pencil is so quick that it's indistinguishable from a real pencil or marker!

OP
Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In fact I just read that the responsiveness on the new iPad pros, when using the Apple Pencil is so quick that it's indistinguishable from a real pencil or marker!

Thanks. I knew I read it was the fastest response time down to 20MS and I think the new Surface Stylus is 21MS so they are both good. But it's good to know that the difference is in the hardware of the iPad! And of course IOS 11 will bring a lot more functionality later this year!

It's going to become next to impossible for me (and many others) to stay away from the Beta versions of IOS 11! :cool:

Most reactions

Latest posts