What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple pencil

Mercuryaces

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so, got the iPad pro, liking it so far, but I noticed while using my Apple Pencil, it got progressively more unscrewed, the tip that it. Anyone else have this issue? Any noticeable degradation of the threads that it screws onto?

Secondly, I'm paranoid, my screen protector is slightly off and ever so slightly covering my home button. Is this ok? Thanks

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Someone mentioned it in another thread awhile back. You should just be able to screw it back until it's tight again. I personally never had this problem with my Apple Pencil and I checked after someone mentioned about it earlier.

If you are using a Glass Screen protector and it's partially covering the home, depending on if you use the Fingerprint ID for you IPad Pro, It may not matter. Depends how much you mean by just slightly covering it. A picture of it would probably help, like a closeup of by the home button.

OP
M

Mercuryaces

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a close up

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 234

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Honestly, that's not that bad. If you already set up your fingerprints for the sensor there, see if it still works. If it doesn't, you can always redo the fingerprints with the home button the way it is covered now. If it will not register the whole fingerprint, like say at the top part there, then you may have to remove the tempered glass protector. I messed up two cheap screen protectors on mine. Finally gave in and bought a Zagg Glass Shield at Best Buy and paid the 15 bucks to have them install it. It was expensive, but if they mess it up, they cover a new one for you since it's their brand. I spent a lot of $$$ on it, but it was worth it to me after messing up two that were like $14 each from Amazon.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've had my Pencil tip unscrew a couple of times. The first time a couple days after getting the Pencil, the secoond much later. Just screwing it back on, firmly, seems to work well enough.

If you're glass protector adds extra friction, it might make the Pencil tip more likely to come unscrewed; depending on how you use it.

OP
M

Mercuryaces

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The finger print works fine, but this will not damage the iPad in any way will it?

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't understand your question. If the fingerprint sensor works fine and you can push the home button fine, then it's not a problem. It's just a concern of it not being perfectly put on. Which depending on how much you paid for the Screen Protector, I'd just leave it alone. It's not really off that much. If it doesn't bother you when your case is on and everything works, I say leave it alone. Nothing is going to damage it from a screen protector point of view.

Most reactions

Latest posts