What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Pencil!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I still use mine, if not everyday.

I llke to doodle as a kind of relaxation, so I have half a dozen drawing apps which I use once or twice a week.

As part of my volunteer work I have an answering service I need to check and respond too. I like to use the drawing mode in the Notes app to jot down numbers and names than.

While I can touch type far faster than write, but writing helps me concentrate and retain information better. To that end I sometimes take Spanish notes using the Pencil. Since there's a chance I'll also want them in text later (for searching or using in other applications), I use Nebo. This is by far the best handwriting note taking app I've encountered.

Also for Spanish I've been experimenting with some flash card apps. I haven't found an app that does everything I want, but one of the features I require is the abiltiy to draw the on the card. Verb charts are hard to do with just text. (I've got an app with drawing tools I like, but it's usablity as a flash card tool is weak).

Once a year or so I end up planing out a minor project: steps, trailer siding, etc. I used to sketch out the ideas on a pad of paper. Now I'm more likley to do it in on the iPad using the Pencil.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still use mine, if not everyday.

I llke to doodle as a kind of relaxation, so I have half a dozen drawing apps which I use once or twice a week.

As part of my volunteer work I have an answering service I need to check and respond too. I like to use the drawing mode in the Notes app to jot down numbers and names than.

While I can touch type far faster than write, but writing helps me concentrate and retain information better. To that end I sometimes take Spanish notes using the Pencil. Since there's a chance I'll also want them in text later (for searching or using in other applications), I use Nebo. This is by far the best handwriting note taking app I've encountered.

Also for Spanish I've been experimenting with some flash card apps. I haven't found an app that does everything I want, but one of the features I require is the abiltiy to draw the on the card. Verb charts are hard to do with just text. (I've got an app with drawing tools I like, but it's usablity as a flash card tool is weak).

Once a year or so I end up planing out a minor project: steps, trailer siding, etc. I used to sketch out the ideas on a pad of paper. Now I'm more likley to do it in on the iPad using the Pencil.
All sounds good, Maybe I need to try again :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All sounds good, Maybe I need to try again :)

Or not. If the Pencil does not fit how you work and play, then there is no point in forcing yourself to use it. In the end I ended up using it far less than I imagined I would.

On the other hand, that's true for most tech products I've purchased. I've learned to be happy if my new toys are even half as useful as my overactive imagination paints them in the heady days after an announcement. :)

PatS

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Appreciate the mention of the Nebo app. I downloaded it and really like it. By far superior to any other handwriting conversion I have tried. My motivation for buying the ipadpro was the pencil and I use it for sketching utilizing Procreate but
until you suggested Nebo had not fully appreciated its notetaking potential. Thank you

Most reactions