What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Pencil Case...

Cebu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased my iPad Pro from Bestbuy last week and since then have been looking around online, walking into stores trying to purchase the Apple Pencil. Yesterday I was able to buy one from a private seller that had a used but mint condition for sell at the same price as Apple. If you've checked CL lately you'll see the ridiculous pricing they are listing at.

So, my hunt for a case began last night and I almost purchased a couple I had seen online. I mentioned my search to my wife and she said she had one at her desk at school and would bring me one. I didn't give it much thought and continued my search.

This afternoon my wife handed me a sports edition "Smencil". In my opinion this item is perfect for the Apple Pencil. The OD is just enough so that it's not moving around side to side too much and the length allows me to stick a piece of foam down at the bottom where the pencil point presses into (I'm thinking of using a rubber grommet at the bottom).

The Smencil's price is a whopping $7.99 for five pieces. I made an order at Amazon here and will personalize them to fit my taste (the sports version does grow on you).

I am in no way involved with this company. It was by chance my wife is a elementary school teacher and she had one laying around. I thought I'd share this here since I'm sure others with an Apple Pencil will want to protect it in some form.

Cheers!

ApplePencilCase_01.jpg

ApplePencilCase_02.jpg

ApplePencilCase_03.jpg

ApplePencilCase_04.jpg

ApplePencilCase_05.jpg

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm currently using the regular Remora, the pencil sticks out a little, but it is fine. I'm waiting for the pro version to be available.
image.jpeg

David Wong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had my pencil cap breaking loose in my bag for a few times. Glad that the cap is white and the lining of my bag is black. You might want to stick the pen in with the nib sticking out.. Caps are hard to come by these days.. :)

Kip Carter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would really like to see a nice clip developed that would securely hold the top on and provide a means of attaching the pencil to ones pocket for transport like a standard writing instrument. Now that would be the bee's knees!

Kip...

Kip Carter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm after!!! BUT....The link doesn't work where can you get that?

Thanks

Last edited:

Kip Carter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay so it's just an image not a product. Still searching.

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Hmmm.

If you go to that link for the clip by wonkeyman (2d one, I think), you'll see this very interesting case:

PencilCase for Apple Pencil™ [ iPad Pro™ ] by woinkeyman on Shapeways

I have to keep my pencil put away or in a wrapping because my cats chew on it! I mean, a $99 cat chew toy (there's even tooth marks on the tip!)!!!

So, I'm thinking this case will be good cause I can leave it in the case AND put a cap on it. No more teeth marks and I can leave it out. ;)

Marilyn

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You may just be looking for a case for the Pencil but STM now has 2 covers for the large iPad Pro with storage for the Pencil. I also saw a cover on at switcheasy.com with a storage area for the Pencil--called CoverBuddy. No connection with either except I have an STM case for my iPad Air at present and am looking at their Pro line for when I move to the large iPad Pro.

Most reactions

Latest posts