What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple opens the door for Grand Central Store on Black Friday

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
apple-grand-central.jpg

The new Apple store will open in Grand Central Terminal by Black Friday, a report announces. Constructions for what might be the biggest Apple Store to date started in mid August and was expected to take up to 120 days, but, according to the showed pictures, it might take a bit longer for it to reach completion.

The Grand Central store will occupy a whooping 23.000 square-foot space, on the north and northeast balconies of the terminal’s main concourse. It will rise in the place previously occupied by celebrity chef Charlie Palmer’s restaurant Metrazur. Apple paid him $5 million to give up his lease early and penned a 10-year deal with the Manhattan Transit Authority (MTA) to lease the space. According to some documents revealed recently, the annual rent is $800,000 (double than what the restaurant was paying) and it will increase by 3% per year until the ninth year, when it will just go ahead and jump to $ 10 million a year. However, Apple isn’t the only one hoping to bank on the Grand Central traffic, but MTA as well, on Apple’s presence. With the famous tenant, MTA anticipates it will make about $5 million each ear.

Grand Central was opened back in 1871 and has 44 platforms on two underground levels, which makes it the biggest train station. Anywhere. Apple has said that the store will honor the integrity of the building and it will make “very modest alterations to historic elements” in Grand Central.

Source: PCMag

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
WOW!!! Another tourist location to clog up lol. I refuse to step foot in the 5th avenue store. Major tourist area!!!

Sent from my Pink Hearts Sparkly Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

carlosarias1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
WOW!!! Another tourist location to clog up lol. I refuse to step foot in the 5th avenue store. Major tourist area!!!

Sent from my Pink Hearts Sparkly Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

I fell the same way! I hope by the time i go visit new york again this will be open, i went to the 5th ave. store and yes, there is a lot of people so i found it kind of cluttered.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
carlosarias1 said:
I fell the same way! I hope by the time i go visit new york again this will be open, i went to the 5th ave. store and yes, there is a lot of people so i found it kind of cluttered.

Yes!!! I never visit that location if I actually need to purchase anything.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts