What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Opens Stratford City, Westfield Store in UK to Cheers and Excitement!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Stratford_City-1.jpg

Apple had a rare midweek store opening today at the amazing new Westfield shopping centre in Stratford, which also opened in spectacular fashion today, hence the unusual mid-week opening for the Apple Store. I was lucky enough to be there as the doors opened, and yes, everything you’ve heard about the cheering, clapping and chanting is true! Although there were queues (this is the UK, after all!) for the many other brand-name store openings in the massive new center today, the Apple Store was the only one that I could see to cause such excitement and noise. Inside, the greeting from the staff was as friendly and helpful as ever, with beaming smiles all round and lots of enthusiasm. Free t-shirts were given away, but only to the first 1,000 people so you had to be quick to get them! It’s a fairly small store compared to Apple's massive flagship London stores in more central locations such as Covent Garden and Regents Street, but the new Westfield mall where the store is situated is a prime location, and very high profile, with its opening even trending on Twitter today in London, so great for Apple to have a presence here amongst all the other big brand names. And as MacRumors also notes, Apple is not done with the store openings this week, with new stores expected to open in Hamburg, Germany, El Paso, Texas, and Bologna, Italy on Saturday.

Oh and pardon my photos, I’m not the best photographer in the world!
Source: Maura
and
More Retail Store Openings Scheduled for El Paso, Texas and Bologna, Italy - Mac Rumors

Most reactions