What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple online sold out for 2-3 weeks

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My order for a 64gb wifi is scheduled to ship on April 1 and deliver on April 6. So Apple online orders are now 4 weeks to delivery. :(

Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you just walk into a store and buy one?

Who's to say the store will get them in any sooner if there's truly a shortage? But it's worth trying. The apple store usually does wait lists as well so it wouldn't hurt to check and see if you can get one faster that way.

Of course, if they're in an area with no Apple store then it's a hassle to keep checking back at Best Buy/Target/Walmart if they don't do wait lists.

Hearing these long dates makes me glad I set an alarm and ordered at 4am and got the 18th-25th delivery estimate! I don't mind a week or two wait. I much rather do that than waste time waiting in a long line to spend my money. They really should have done pre-orders instead of annoying customers to generate lines for free publicity.

samoan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow I'm glad I set my alarm for 4am eastern time. I got mines engraved and They said I should get it by March 18th:)

OP
J

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will go my local walmart at 11:30 pm and gracefully have my choosing as no one in my area has money like that or just don't care about the hype for another ipad

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered my iPad at 4:00am. And got the delivery date of march 18 to march 25. They have already shipped my smart cover I'll get it next Tuesday.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya I think I will stick with my ipad1, this is nuts to rush to grab one because you just have to have one. They are sold out because they didnt plan very well. Now everyone is acting like its the end of the world, incase most havent noticed there are more important things happening right now then a shortage on ipads!

samoan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fifi1992 said:
I ordered my iPad at 4:00am. And got the delivery date of march 18 to march 25. They have already shipped my smart cover I'll get it next Tuesday.

Same here! My smartcover will be here Tuesday also:)

rwsimon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To answer those asking why I didn't just go into a store and buy one, I used American Express reward points for a chunk of the price, so I had to go through their system (which ties in to the online Apple Store.) I placed my order around 8 am EST, but I don't think it actually got into the system until maybe noon. Saving lots of money, so I guess I just have to wait...

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They're alll (wifi and 3g) listed as 2-3 weeks online now.

Plus a lot of posts on other forums are saying that Target, Wal-Mart and Best Buy employees have told them that they only have a few wifi available and no 3g.

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
looks like its the wi-fi only models which are selling out fast

That's the same way it was with the original IPad. 75% of all IPad originals are the wifi versions with the vast majority of those being the 16gb versions. History should repeat itself with the IPad 2.

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
Fifi1992 said:

Same here! My smartcover will be here Tuesday also:)

Yep, my cover is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday as well.

Same here, I'm glad I ordered at 4:00 AM now.

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3g

Someone else posted that their Best Buy only had 10 to sell .... definitely going to be a shortage out there. Now I'm just praying I get mine in the 2-3 weeks that they say it will arrive!
i read somewhere that bestbuy only had wifi versions no 3g

Most reactions

Latest posts