What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Officially Unveils the iPad Air & More; Full Specs Detailed

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
ipad-air-best-shot.png

The big announcement is upon us! Apple's next amazing iPad products and more are revealed. Apple has a new name for the iPad 5! It's called the iPad Air. Below is a full breakdown of specs and features revealed in the event for the new iPad Air:

• Smaller bezel, thinner & lighter - 7.5mm thin and only 1 Pound
  • New A7 Chip 64-Bit CPU & M7 Motion Coprocessor
  • GPU is twice as fast as previous gen and 8x faster than original iPad
  • 10-hour battery life - no loss in battery life
  • Comes in Silver & White and Space Gray & Black
  • 9.7-inch Retina Display (2,048 x 1,536 pixels resolution)
  • MIMO Antennae
  • 5-megapixel iSight camera
  • 1080p FaceTime video
  • Dual mics
The 16GB version will be $499, shipping November 1st. There will be a cellular version which will be available at $629.

It's easy to be completely blown away by Apple's presentation. The new iPads really take mobile handheld computing to a whole new level. Once again, the company which pioneered the tablet market has astounded us with a breakthrough new version of the iPad.

Expect a few more articles on specific announcements and features from our dedicated staff!

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The big announcement is upon us! Apple's next amazing iPad products and more are revealed. Apple has a new name for the iPad 5! It's called the iPad Air. Below is a full breakdown of specs and features revealed in the event for the iPad Air: [*]Smaller bezel, thinner & lighter - 7.5mm thin and only 1 Pound [*]New A7 Chip 64-Bit CPU & M7 Motion Coprocessor [*]GPU is twice as fast as previous gen and 8x faster than original iPad [*]10-hour battery life - no loss in battery life [*]Comes in Silver & White and Space Gray and Black [*]Retina Display 16GB will be $499, shipping November 1st. Developing... Expect several more articles on specific announcements and features from our dedicated staff!
And we don't have to wait until next year for the Retina iPad mini, it goes on sale in November. At the same time the original iPad mini has been reduced in price to $299.00 for the 16GB WiFi model.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very impressed with this... most of this stuff was still a secret so Apple still has it. And this is not just an incremental upgrade, its a pretty big upgrade, IMHO.

Krooked

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very impressed with this... most of this stuff was still a secret so Apple still has it. And this is not just an incremental upgrade, its a pretty big upgrade, IMHO.

I'm a bit underwhelmed.
I was hoping for a digitizer this time around.
Faster/lighter just isn't enough for me.

I'll keep my Retina iPad 3.

JMHO

Most reactions