Apple just unveiled the new generation iPad Air 2, which is their thinnest tablet ever, with a thickness of just 6.1mm... about three quarters the thickness of a pencil!
Here are more of the details.:
The iPad Air 2 will range in price from $499 (16GB), $599 (64GB) and $699 (128GB) depending on the amount of storage inside. If you want LTE included, simply add another $130 to each one of these prices. Pre-orders will begin tomorrow (October 17th) and will begin to ship by the end of next week.
- 6.1 millimeters thin, or 18% thinner than the original iPad Air
- Apple A8X and M8 Coprocessor - 64-bit architecture and 3 billion transistors
- 8-megapixel module that can film 1080p video and includes slow motion and time lapse videos
- Camera also includes burst mode, panorama shots, and auto HDR
- Now supports the fingerprint scanning system Touch ID and Apple Pay
- 10-hour battery life
- iOS 8.1 from the factory
- Will include champagne gold color option just like the iPhone 5S
- 16GB, 64GB & 128GB Storage Options