Apple Offers iTunes Credits for Customers Affected by eBook Price Fixing

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Mar 28, 2014.

1. RaduTyrsina

RaduTyrsina
    Expand Collapse
    News Team

Thanks Received:
    apple-itunes-ebook-credit-620x570.png

A few days ago, we have shared with you the news according to which Apple has started emailing iTunes users to offer refunds for unauthorized in-app purchases. Now, according to the 9to5Mac publication, Cupertino has started sending out iTunes credits for customers affected by ebook price fixing. The ebook price fixing situation has been recently settled, but only partially. The lawsuit involves companies such as Apple, Amazon, Hachette, Harper Collins, Penguin, Macmillan, and Simon & Schuster. Here’s how the email from Apple looks like:

Albeit it was found guilty, Apple appealed the ruling but has still sent out credits to the affected customers. The free iTunes credit is available for activation for one year, meaning it will expire on April 1 in 2015 (ironically, yes, that’s Fool’s day). However, if 90 days have passed and you still haven’t redeemed your money, Apple also promises to remind you via email.

Source: iPhoneForums

#1 RaduTyrsina, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Does this offer apply outside the USA?

3. HowardBrazee

HowardBrazee
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I wonder how many people like me who *never* click on an e-mail link offering me money.

4. tlbaker

tlbaker
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I never do. If I had kids they would never get into my **** to purchase any app I didn't give them permission to buy. That's that new age way of raising children, ridiculous. Oh well.

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF