What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Numbers for the ipad

Adam Huffman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a formula that I can't figure out. Please help me.

How have many tabs in one workbook. I can't figure this formula out.

I have a multiple choice cell on one page that I would like to change another multiple choice cell on another page.

Example: if this option in this cell is chosen in this box on this page then on this other page in this multiple choice cell this needs to be this other option etc....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm quite sure what you are describing.

If it is a matter of selecting cells in another tab, just make sure the variable is highlighted (dark blue), then navigate to the right tab and table, then select the cell.

As long as you are careful not to tap any other cells along the way it will work fine.

OP
A

Adam Huffman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I can do that, but what I can't figure out is how to get the first multiple choice answer to automatically chose a particular multiple choice answer in another cell on a different tab (or page).

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If I understand what you are trying to do, I'm pretty sure you can't. Multiple choice is a cell format, not a formula. There is no way to modify a cells format except to edit it manually. You'd need some kind of scripting ability, and the iOS version of Numbers does not support scripts.

Most reactions