Apple now Charging for out-of-warranty Chat Support, $20 per Incident

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Mar 18, 2014.

1. RaduTyrsina

RaduTyrsina
    Expand Collapse
    News Team

Thanks Received:
    apple-chat-paid-543x600.png

Apple is known to be a company that looks after its customers and provides one of the best support in the world. But this new move won’t be lauded by too many. According to the 9to5Mac publication, it seems that Apple has started charging for out-of-warranty online chat support. Apple wanted to roll out the paid chat support earlier this month, but it has been having difficulties with the payment system. Here’s how the new payment system would work:

As you can see in the above screenshot, it seems that you will have to pay $20 per incident. However, Apple employees have mentioned that there might be certain exceptions, such as iCloud issues and accidental damage cases where users just want to setup a repair or replacement.

Apple is also introducing a new training program for AppleCare employees called “Here to Help†in order to improve the overall AppleCare support experience. What do you think about this change? Have you ever had to talk with Apple’s support employees via chat after your warranty has expired?

Source: iPhoneforums

2. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I guess so. Whatever they need to do. I wouldn't likely use it anyways but you'd like to think that they'd keep things like this free when their devices are already priced at a premium level. So be it.

3. Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Would do great for places without apples stores. Would do great to me. It took me days to get a reply from apple. Thus could help.

4. tlbaker

tlbaker
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Money money money

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF