What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Launches New iPad Smart Case to Cover Front and Back

AZsteelman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
crap, now I've got to go get one.........you guys sure cost me a lot of money.........

Mniloc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too, ordered mine yesterday. Gone for the light Grey, hope it goes with my white unit

Well, Im still here - I think?
Sent from Mniloc's iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I just saw my credit card jump out of my wallet and take off! I just bought my sister a new ipad today for her birthday tomorrow...and I am now tempted to buy one of these cases for her based on the photos that Gabriel and iRager sent off. I think she would like the red...better go searching kindly for my Visa right now...excuse me, folks!! :eek:

pcoleman721

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find it a little hard to open. I don't have long nails (nail biter here) and find it hard to pry open. The fit seems a little loose but seems secure enough. The camera cutout doesn't seem centered on my 3rd gen iPad.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pcoleman721 said:
I find it a little hard to open. I don't have long nails (nail biter here) and find it hard to pry open. The fit seems a little loose but seems secure enough. The camera cutout doesn't seem centered on my 3rd gen iPad.
Opening the case is the only problem I have with it.
The fit does seem a little loose on my iPad 3 so im considering not getting it for my iPad 2 seeing that the 2 is thinner.

TheGman21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, can anyone tell me which is the best screen protector for iPad 3 (or the new iPad whatever it's called), something that doesn't leave the finger marks and spoils the screen too much. Thanks.

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just got the blue one, and very happy with it. Opening the cover is a little fiddly as it fits snuggly when cover is closed, but I found a simple solution... as there's a little play in the hinge, when you want to open the cover you can slide it back slightly towards the hinge and this opens up a gap at the openning side just sufficient to get in and lift the edge of the cover :)

Annekeloch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Re iPad case

Mine has just arrived, here are some pictures.....

View attachment 18075

View attachment 18076

View attachment 18077

View attachment 18078

View attachment 18079

It is of a rubber type construction with a cloth/microfiber on the inside of the front cover. I have my iPad 2 in it, it is a reasonable fit, ever so slightly loose but not so much that the iPad will rattle around or fall out. The New iPad should be a perfect fit.

Do I like it, yes I do!

I may order another colour though, maybe the grey.

The Archangel

Hey I love the cover...am thinking of getting one...are they only available @ the apple store? I saw that they are $59 so want to be sure they are worth it before I purchase Thanx

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Annekeloch said:
Hey I love the cover...am thinking of getting one...are they only available @ the apple store? I saw that they are $59 so want to be sure they are worth it before I purchase Thanx

On the US Apple Store they are listed at $49.

The Archangel

TheGman21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Annekeloch where did you see that price? Gabriel1 is correct. In Apple store the covers are priced at $49

Most reactions