The above is a pic from the live Engadget blog that will be used as a placeholder until the official press pic is released.
And here it is! We have the juicy details on what you have all been waiting for... The specs and name of the new next-gen iPad are released! It will simply be called The iPad, and here are its specs:
Just... WOW! Apple hits it out of the park!!!!
- High Resolution Retina Display - It's 2048 x 1536 - 3.1 million pixels - "The most ever in a mobile device" compared to a 1920 x 1080 1080p display - 264ppi "and that is enough to call it a retina display" - 40 percent better color saturation - *still has a physical home button
- A5X processor is quad-core graphics - Four times faster than NVIDIA's Tegra 3
- iSight camera - 5-megapixel backside illuminated sensor on the back, 5-element lens, IR filter, and ISP built into the A5X chip - Auto-exposure, auto-focus - 1080p video recording
- Voice Dictation - "The iPad like all great iOS devices has a great keyboard and now you'll see there's a new key on the bottom: a microphone."
- 4G LTE - 21Mbps HSPA+ and DC-HSDPA at 42Mbps, with LTE at 73Mbps - Verizon, Rogers, Bell, Telus and AT&T will be the LTE partners - and other global partners - all will be 3G global-ready - "Whichever one you pick you can roam anywhere around the world." - Can be a Personal Hotspot (carrier specific)
- 10 hours of battery life - 9 hours on 4G!
- 9.4mm thin, weighing 1.4lbs.
- $499 for 16GB Version - 32GB is $599 and 64GB for $699 - Coming March 16th
- All the stock apps have been updated and optimized for it!
While the name may not be anything spectacular, in a way, it fits the minimalistic aesthetic of the device perfectly! It is simply... The iPad. What more does it need to be, right?