What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple is Running Out of AirPort Base Stations

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Apple is running out of AirPort base stations.jpg

When Apple announced that it was discontinuing its entire AirPort wireless router line-up at the end of April and would keep selling them until all stock was gone, it was inevitable that the day would come when supplies became scarce, and now, according to MacRumors, that day is here, less than a month after Apple made the announcement.

If you were still hoping to pick up an AirPort Extreme, you’re now out of luck as they are all sold out, unless you happen to live in countries such as Australia, Canada, Japan, or Singapore.

AirPort Express and AirPort Time Capsule models are still available, however, on Apple’s U.S. online store, and some other countries, but there’s no way of knowing how long that will remain the situation.

Also, in some European countries, including France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK, there is no sign of any AirPort products whatsoever on Apple’s online store. It’s always worth checking the retail stores in those countries, however, as there may still be some stock remaining.

Source: Apple Begins to Sell Out of AirPort Base Stations

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My Airport Extreme (the older flat model) is now 5 years old (the 802.11n works fine for me at the moment), but will likely need a replacement in the near future - hope that the computer mags that I get and/or advice here will point me (us) in the right direction for a replacement that works well w/ the Apple environment. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts