What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple iPad - Unlimited Data Plan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
apple-ipad-data-plan.jpg

Apple has selected AT&T for the initial wireless provider of the Apple iPad. There will be two data plans available to give users an option depending on how much data is used. The first will run $30 per month for unlimited, and the second will be offered for $15/month for 250mb of data. The good news, no contact is required for either plan!

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow..nice deals. This is to good to be true! eh...too bad they didnt select verison.

huskur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow..nice deals. This is to good to be true! eh...too bad they didnt select verison.

It's only a matter of time before Apple jumps on the VZW bandwagon. Once that happens Apple makes huge strides in the wireless world

Raeuber

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It's only a matter of time before Apple jumps on the VZW bandwagon. Once that happens Apple makes huge strides in the wireless world

I thought that when Verizon took on the android project. You would think that Apple would want some of that market, but still they went with ATT

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was shocked that Apple didn't announce the iPad to run on Verizon networks. I picked up some Verizon stock this morning anticipating the announcement was a sure thing..

iMike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, this is great. I was already having issues with my iPhone on the AT&T 3g network. Love the device, but I really think Apple screwed up by going with AT&T for the iPad. The network is already over-saturated with iPhones, now hmmm, before AT&T upgrades their system to be able to handle the traffice, let's add another over sized iPod touch with 3g capability.

Looks like I may just be jumping to the Android platform for my smartphone needs.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, this is great. I was already having issues with my iPhone on the AT&T 3g network. Love the device, but I really think Apple screwed up by going with AT&T for the iPad. The network is already over-saturated with iPhones, now hmmm, before AT&T upgrades their system to be able to handle the traffice, let's add another over sized iPod touch with 3g capability.

Looks like I may just be jumping to the Android platform for my smartphone needs.

AT&T is pure fail. Its just a bit worse than verison. I like AT&T speed on the internet, and the download speed aswell.(a bit faster than verison)

tonygunn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.peakpromosinc.com
I'm just glad it doesn't have Google all over it. I didn't see the features include memory card capability. Anyone know? It's a shame that it has a lightning fast chip and it's not going to optimal use.

Varking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The plan seems really good for a no contract type of item. The whole ordeal right now seems pretty impressive but I can't tell if I am enamored because of what it truly is, or because its just something new to me. Time will tell.

Flaxie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This post was very helpful. I was thinking of buying an iPad, but AT&T service is not great around here. I'm a verizon customer. I guess iPad is not for me :(

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
This post was very helpful. I was thinking of buying an iPad, but AT&T service is not great around here. I'm a verizon customer. I guess iPad is not for me :(

iPad comes factory Unlocked and will work with any GSM carrier. Verizon and sprint are CDMA cariers, wont work with them.

Most reactions

Latest posts