What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Intends to Patch Latest JailbreakMe Vulnerability

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
jailbreak.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Associated Press reports today that Apple has already said that it intends to plug the vulnerability that JailbreakMe.com has just used to jailbreak the iPhone and iPad 2. As MacRumors reports, the security hole exploited by this latest jailbreak is caused by a flaw with how Safari deals with PDF files. Although the discovery delighted all those who wanted to jailbreak their iPad 2s in particular, AP reports that Germany’s IT security agency today warned that the newly discovered vulnerability represented a “crucial weakness†in iOS. According to Germany’s Federal Office for Information Security, clicking on an infected PDF file would enable malware to infect the device without the owner even knowing anything about it. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Now, following this news, Apple spokeswoman Bethan Lloyd has told the AP that Apple is “aware of this reported issue and developing a fix that will be available to customers in an upcoming software update.â€[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Apple vows to fix security hole in iPhones, iPads - Yahoo! Finance[/FONT]

Apple to Patch Latest Jailbreak Hole in Upcoming Software Update - Mac Rumors

Oltrelogo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I sure hope so. I'm not psyched about buying a whole new iPod touch just for a security patch, when my Gen1 works perfectly fine otherwise. Okay good, I surely hope they do support since perfectly functional devices still use that version. I love my iPT, and it shows no signs of slowing down!

Most reactions