What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple, Inc vs. Samsung

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've recently been acting as an Expert Witness (yes, I know, that's a joke!) for a firm of lawyers in London who are acting for clients in a patent litigation case between two well-known ( :D ) mobile 'phone companies in a well-publicised case. They have a whole team of lawyers working on this. At the time I was asked I was very busy and didn't really want to do the work so, to dissuade them, I asked for three times my normal daily consultant's rate. They didn't even blink! So, if you ever need to know anything about the intricacy of the GSM protocols, I'm your man....

Tim

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am very impressed, Tim!

7296e61f.png

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I scanned the article and I think it is rather odd that Apple is upset over the "Tab's copycat rectangular design with round corners, black border, and tiled icons." But it is Apple and they love the occasional brawl.

If I were to move up production of my Nebula 5, Multi Tab iDevice running BoS 4.3.2.1; Angry Birds Edition, I am sure my icons would be in a row, with a rectangular design, a nice black border, and other things we stole from Apple.

I was going to go with white borders but I do not want to infringe on Apple's right to the color white, as it applies to overpriced vanity devices that are not smart enough to run Flash, for God's sake.

I truly hate look and feel-esque suits because they put us all in danger.

I am of the opinion that this is just a slow beginning to a violent confrontation between Apple/Microsoft/Other big players and all of us minor players over IP/and web content.

Most reactions

Latest posts