Apple id

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by winst27, Mar 19, 2014.

1. winst27

winst27
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

Maybe a strange question:

Is it possible to connect more than one ipad using the same apple id?

Thx,

Winston

2. ardchoille

ardchoille
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Yes, it is. I have all four of my iOS devices connected to the same Apple ID and they work perfectly.

3. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Will move this to the Help Section for better attention.

Thanks for your understanding.

Skimonkey ~ ipadforum Moderator | iPhoneforum Moderator

4. iJamesH

iJamesH
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    My iPod touch and iPad 3 are on the same id as well so ditto on what Ardchoille said!

5. caq

caq
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    We have my iPhone, iPad Air, iPad Mini, and an iPad 2 my mother is using, all with the same Apple ID. It is great because we all share the apps. My husband has email set on the mini he uses and I have the emails we both use set up on my Air, I have the iPad 2 that I am letting my mother use set up with her email address (she no longer does the email anyway). I have restrictions set up on the iPad 2 and load and delete apps turned off, as well as any settings I could think of, this way I am not worried some niece, nephew or wise guy brother will go over and mess things up. Works great. With the apps turned off, nobody can update it to 7.1. She is going to be 90 in August and the little changes in 7.1 would confuse her, so as long as she is using the pad for her card games and looking at photos, I am not updating it behind the last 6.whatever version. So, multiple devices works quite well.

I can locate all the devices with the fine my iPhpne app.

I am sure this sharing would not work for every situation, but for us, it is great.

6. winst27

winst27
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ok, thanks a lot. Will i lose any data like photos or documents that i have stored on the ipad using the previous apple id?

7. abababababab

abababababab
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    That's your choice.

If you want to set it up as a completely new device, then you have the option - 'Setup as a new device' while starting your iPhone for the first time.

If you don't want to loose data, you have 2 options.

1. RESTORE FROM iCLOUD BACKUP - You first have to backup your device contents on your old device from Settings > iCloud, then on your new device select the option - 'Restore from iCloud backup' while setting it up.

2. RESTORE FROM iTUNES BACKUP - You have to backup your old device on your PC through iTunes, then while setting up your new device, select - 'Restore from iTunes backup', note that your new device needs to be connected to your PC.

iCloud backup happens over the air (OTA), wirelessly, while for iTunes restore, you need to have your old device connected to PC while backing up and your new device connected to PC while restoring.

Hope this helps.

8. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You can use more than one Apple ID on your iPad and keep the apps, documents and photos on the iPad. All you have to do is go to App Store - Featured, scroll down to your current Apple ID, sign out and sign in again, using your previous Apple ID.

That way you also can switch between Apple IDs.

#8 J. A., Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  9. winst27

winst27
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, i am surprised that there are more than 1option