What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple id

winst27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Maybe a strange question:

Is it possible to connect more than one ipad using the same apple id?

Thx,

Winston

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, it is. I have all four of my iOS devices connected to the same Apple ID and they work perfectly.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Will move this to the Help Section for better attention.

Thanks for your understanding.

Skimonkey ~ ipadforum Moderator | iPhoneforum Moderator

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPod touch and iPad 3 are on the same id as well so ditto on what Ardchoille said!

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We have my iPhone, iPad Air, iPad Mini, and an iPad 2 my mother is using, all with the same Apple ID. It is great because we all share the apps. My husband has email set on the mini he uses and I have the emails we both use set up on my Air, I have the iPad 2 that I am letting my mother use set up with her email address (she no longer does the email anyway). I have restrictions set up on the iPad 2 and load and delete apps turned off, as well as any settings I could think of, this way I am not worried some niece, nephew or wise guy brother will go over and mess things up. Works great. With the apps turned off, nobody can update it to 7.1. She is going to be 90 in August and the little changes in 7.1 would confuse her, so as long as she is using the pad for her card games and looking at photos, I am not updating it behind the last 6.whatever version. So, multiple devices works quite well.

I can locate all the devices with the fine my iPhpne app.

I am sure this sharing would not work for every situation, but for us, it is great.

OP
W

winst27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, thanks a lot. Will i lose any data like photos or documents that i have stored on the ipad using the previous apple id?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, thanks a lot. Will i lose any data like photos or documents that i have stored on the ipad using the previous apple id?

That's your choice.

If you want to set it up as a completely new device, then you have the option - 'Setup as a new device' while starting your iPhone for the first time.

If you don't want to loose data, you have 2 options.

1. RESTORE FROM iCLOUD BACKUP - You first have to backup your device contents on your old device from Settings > iCloud, then on your new device select the option - 'Restore from iCloud backup' while setting it up.

2. RESTORE FROM iTUNES BACKUP - You have to backup your old device on your PC through iTunes, then while setting up your new device, select - 'Restore from iTunes backup', note that your new device needs to be connected to your PC.

iCloud backup happens over the air (OTA), wirelessly, while for iTunes restore, you need to have your old device connected to PC while backing up and your new device connected to PC while restoring.

Hope this helps.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can use more than one Apple ID on your iPad and keep the apps, documents and photos on the iPad. All you have to do is go to App Store - Featured, scroll down to your current Apple ID, sign out and sign in again, using your previous Apple ID.

That way you also can switch between Apple IDs.

Last edited:
OP
W

winst27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, i am surprised that there are more than 1option

Most reactions

Latest posts