What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple ID won't log to iPad because of "Cannot connect to iTunes Store"

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't remember the fix I used to, well fix this provlem, but it certainly happened to me a few times and is a really frustrating experience.

First, I was trying to download an app, just a pretty small app, a few mbs, but it won't download and stay in a state where it says "Waiting" and the icon is blank. After a few minutes the icon disappeared, without any warnings. I figured "Nah wi-fi is just slow" but I checked on safari and other apps thats uses wi-fi and they work fine. The app store loads all the images and pages without a hassle. So I tried logging out if my apple ID and logging in but after logging it it would just stay greyed out, and after a few minutes it would say "Cannot connect to iTunes store".

These are the steps I tried to fix this:

Restart, rebooth, the set the clock 1 year before and set auto again fix, and reset network settings.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Something I forgot:

Try iTunes Store instead, or go to Settings - iTunes & App Store and login there.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also cannot update my iPad. I have it plugged to a power source, I don't understand why. I already restarted my router many times. It says software update not available.

Edit: Must be apple servers getting bombarded. Must have caused the problem with the app store. Gonna see later if I managed to update it, then I will see if it fixes anything.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I also cannot update my iPad. I have it plugged to a power source, I don't understand why. I already restarted my router many times.
Do you have enough free storage? The update won't download unless you do. Usually you need enough free storage to equal about 3 times the size of the update. The extra storage is freed up after the update is completed.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you have enough free storage? The update won't download unless you do. Usually you need enough free storage to equal about 3 times the size of the update. The extra storage is freed up after the update is completed.

I have 10 GB of storage free. Is that enough?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It should be. It's about 21 MB OTA on my iPad Air, 16 or so on my mini.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My sister also experience the same thing. She cannot download any apps. It stays in waiting with a blank icon and disappears without any warnings.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Restart your iPad.

Turn off Wi-Fi, turn off your iPad. Wait for a few minutes, then start it again and turn on Wi-Fi.

If this doesn't help, maybe you just need to wait. It could be as you said: too many users trying to update their iDevices. Just make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi.
I had no problems, though. When I read your thread, I updated both my iPads without delay, an hour ago.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Looks like I have to wait and see. Maybe tomorow my luck will finally put to good use. Anyways I appreciate the help guys. Thanks.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think I know the problem now. I am using an US store and I am in the Philippines. I set it in the US store. So I tried setting it back to the philippine store. I went to the apple website, and pressed manage apple ID and to my surprise it won't load and say "the server stopped working". Maybe its because apple servers are down?

Most reactions

Latest posts