What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple ID Sign In - Password Issue - Error: "Cannot Load iForgot"

BrettA47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi... Since shortly after purchasing my new iPad ~3-4 weeks ago, when attempting sign in I get a "Could Not Sign In - The Internet connection appears to be offline." error box and...

then when I hit "Forgot Password?", I get "Cannot Load iForgot - Your Apple ID or password cannot be recovered or reset because of a server error. Try again later." box.

I searched here for "Cannot Load iForgot" which yielded no results, so does anyone have an idea of how to get into my iPad, please?

(This is my 1st post here... TIA for any help and sorry if this is obvious. :) ). Cheers, Brett.

OP
B

BrettA47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, with 2+ days and 345 views but no replies, I've put a composite image together with a few notes... plus I've added a possible wrinkle to see if that helps explain things. The full iPad image is mainly included because - being a new iPad user - I find it unusual that when one rotates the iPad, the image stays on its side as shown. And I'm noting that because I'm virtually positive that other Apple devices I have have been hacked and wonder if this one is as well - with apps that don't follow what I see as the 'rotate norm' for iPad apps.

That aside, the lower right segment in the attached image appears to be a request for Bluetooth pairing of my 80+ year old in-laws' iPad (not mine mentioned above) to my (wired-to-router) iMac desktop. The only in-law who uses this iPad was not near it at the time, didn't know what Bluetooth was and would have neither the interest nor the inclination to pair even if she vaguely knew how. So while I'd still greatly appreciate a response about the OP, my question now expands to ask for opinions on whether this Bluetooth pairing request looks like more hacking? If not, any ideas what's going on? And if so, can anyone shed light on this... for instance would someone attempting to hack in to my desktop via Bluetooth from a nearby iPad need to be, say, right next door or similar? TIA.

Attachments

• HackiPadIssues1Names.jpg
    HackiPadIssues1Names.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 629

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Looking at the screenshot, it appears that:

- Your iPad has probably got the rotation lock on. You can check your settings to correct that. Double tap the home button to open the multitask bar, swipe right and the button to the left with the round arrow is the rotation lock.

- it appears you have no Internet connection. There is no cellular or wifi indicator appearing on the top bar. This would have a bearing on your OP.

- you do not have your Bluetooth turned on (again, no indicator), so unlikely related to what you are seeing on your Mac in regards to pairing.

OP
B

BrettA47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, dhewson - your 'Home button' point was perfect and I'm glad I said I was an iPad noob ;-). But the rotation works for everything else now it seems (with no change to it), just not that one screen. And FWIW, part of my question is that searching for "Cannot Load iForgot..." yielded no google hits at all.

Still. WRT pairing, it wasn't this iPad attempting to pair. It was my in-laws' iPad, they weren't using it and wouldn't even want to pair if they knew what that was and knew how to do it. So what could cause an iPad sitting unattended on a desk to try to pair, please? Thanks again for your fist reply and TIA :).

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BrettA47 said:
Thanks, dhewson - your 'Home button' point was perfect and I'm glad I said I was an iPad noob ;-). But the rotation works for everything else now it seems (with no change to it), just not that one screen. And FWIW, part of my question is that searching for "Cannot Load iForgot..." yielded no google hits at all.

Still. WRT pairing, it wasn't this iPad attempting to pair. It was my in-laws' iPad, they weren't using it and wouldn't even want to pair if they knew what that was and knew how to do it. So what could cause an iPad sitting unattended on a desk to try to pair, please? Thanks again for your fist reply and TIA :).

If they have their iPad's Bluetooth left on I guess it is possible for it to remain discoverable by other devices.

Back to the original Apple ID issue, as I mentioned, it looks as if you have or had zero Internet connection so any AppleID validation with Apple's servers would be impossible. Actually, your original post said as much, so any subsequent trying to reset the password is moot because you cannot connect to Apple to do so. The original issue was because of the lack of Internet connection.

Most reactions