What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

apple id registration

noobuser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi everyone,

im having a problem setting up my ipad/apple id. i want to be able to get apps onto my ipad but this requires me to sign up for apple id.

so things were going great until i put in 1999 (seemed convenient at the time:p) as my birthdate and now im locked out of registering and getting the error message "you do not meet the minimum age requirement" so now, even i go back to re-register (i am a 20-something), it blocks me from doing so, giving the same error.

i tried clearing the cache/cookies but it did not help. additonally i got a new gmail account to try but still no dice.

anyone have any ideas what i can do to fix this? im quite disappointed in this feature as its delaying my ipad experience:( haha

thank you

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you set up the account using your iPad? You might want to try setting it up on a different machine or from a different location (in case it's tracking your IP address). You don't need a credit card to set up an iTunes account, so that might be another approach if it's tracking your credit card details.

Tim

OP
N

noobuser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes i was using the ipad to register.

i suppose you are right and i could register a new itunes account on my PC. Since this ipad does not belong to me, any apps i download from itunes (using the new account) on my pc, will it be synced back to the owner's pc, without syncing any apps that i previously owned? ( i have an iphone)

and if you know, do i have to enter my credit card information somewhere? i prefer not to, as again, this is not my ipad, and i don't think the owner would be too comfortable using his own as he is still quite new to most techie things, and it would be an additional unneeded risk for him/

thanks again for your reply

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Wait, this is all very confusing, you appear to:

Have an ipad that's not yours

This ipad contains apps from another account (presumably the owners)

You have an itunes account for your iphone

You want to create another account to add apps to the ipad that doesn't belong to you.

If the owner is happy for you to add apps via another account, why not just use your current account instead of creating a new one?

Just be careful if you sync to a Pc, you will probably lose all apps/data from the the ipad's original account.

OP
N

noobuser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
problem has been resolved by creating new account directly on itunes.

Thanks everyone

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear - but iPads only like to be synchronised to one computer, so there's always going to be some hassle if you try to use more than a single machine.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts