What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple ID problem

steveparker1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This morning I bought my daughter an iPad, as she's in hospital. I decided to set it up so I could add some Apps or content for her. I set her up an Apple ID for iCloud and Mail, etc. Meanwhile, I plugged the iPad into my computer to charge it.

Now, if I go to iTunes or the App Store with the iPad, it wants me to register using my email and password, rather than hers (the email address is automatic, so can't be overwritten). I presume it erroneously took this information from my computer when I plugged it in to charge.

Is there anyway I can persuade the iPad to completely forget my name or ID? I can't find anywhere in setting that it allows me to change the iPad from my ID to hers?

Desperate for help, as I have to take the iPad to her shortly.

Best, Steve

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to the bottom of whatever store you are trying to use. In most tabs (like the Featured tab in the App Store) you'll see an Apple ID button. Chances are that your Apple ID is there. Tap to sign out. Tap again and sign in with your daughter's account. You need to do this with each store: iTunes, App Store, iBooks, iTunes U.

You should also change the settings that DefBref mentioned; these settings have to do with automatically downloading content purchased on other devices, and might cause problems down the road if it left as your account.

Other places you should probably check for Apple ID log-ins and change as necessary.

Settings > iCloud
Settings > Messages
Settings > FaceTime

I might have missed something, so it won't hurt to peruse the various app settings and look for Apple ID mismatches.

Most reactions