Apple ID Help?

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by 098225001, Jun 13, 2012.

1. 098225001

098225001 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I download apps to review them and tend to often have to enter my password a lot. A LOT. Does anyone know how to disable the iTunes password for the app store?
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 0
    Unfortunately, no, there is no way. You always have to enter your password.

the good news is that "word on the street" says that the new iOS 6 (coming this fall, we think) will be changed so that you won't have to enter your password to do upgrades or to download previous purchases.

So, just hang in there a bit longer ... help is coming.

Marilyn
  3. Sissy526

Sissy526 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I found a setting under Restrictions that allowed me to switch from not always requiring a password to requiring one for every download. If you are entering your password for every download, this option can be changed in Settings, General, Restrictions. If you are referring to periodically entering your password, then the above is your only hope. :)

Before, my password was good for downloading apps within a certain period of time and I don't know why but 15 minutes is what keeps popping into my head. Once that time period passed, I would have to reenter the passsword. I don't download much but now that my 2 year old grandson has his own screenful of apps and is indiscriminate in his tapping, I find it useful to always require the password since he might decide to tap the wrong thing while I'm in my 15-min(?) download window. I am not actually clear if this will prevent any and all downloads, but maybe he won't be buying anything!
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  4. Czevski

Czevski iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296 / 0
    You can stop any downloads or deleting apps in restrictions also.