What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple I-Pad Fault

OP
M

Mr M Degville

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes my computer and my wifes I-Pad, all receiving E-Mails. with WI-FI. 1)ISP Sky, Satellite. 2)Yes. 3) Router Name sagemcom Sky 4) Upstairs and yes i have tried next to Router 5) only use one email provider

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes my computer and my wifes I-Pad, all receiving E-Mails. with WI-FI. 1)ISP Sky, Satellite. 2)Yes. 3) Router Name sagemcom Sky 4) Upstairs and yes i have tried next to Router 5) only use one email provider

Thanks for the additional information from which as I understand: 1) Your iPad 3 & iPhone are not receiving emails but both can browse the web; and 2) Your computer & and your wife's iPad have normal wireless function (is your computer using the same email account - assume your wife has a different account)?

Some further questions: 1) Have you taken your iDevices to another Wi-Fi network (e.g. work, local Starbucks, etc.) - and if so, can you receive email; and 2) Have you contacted your ISP about the problem - there may be a setting(s) w/i the router that needs changing, e.g. how the DHCP manages the internal IP addresses?

For myself (a retired radiologist and not an IT person), I have a cable modem w/ Time-Warner and have a decent understanding of how home networks work, but you have a router that I don't know - now, I could take this a bit further in having you use your laptop if on Mac OS X to analyze your network, but if you feel 'uncomfortable' w/ that option, then contacting your ISP may be best. Let us know - Dave :)

dcharleyultra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Apple I-Pad model is A1430 This number appears half way down as you suggested for iOS 8.1.2.(12B440)I Have tried again to what you suggest but to know avail, also my Apple phone is now not receiving E-Mails, but i can browse on Safari.
Try a Reset All Settings:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420652504.501135.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts