What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple I-Pad Fault

Mr M Degville

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My I-Pad is not receiving any E-Mails yet my Apple phone does receive mails both are Apple my computer also receives mail?How can I solve this problem

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you using the built in mail app? If so, have you tried deleting the email account, then setting it up again? This may help if something became corrupted or didn't install properly.

OP
M

Mr M Degville

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm connected to Wi-Fi from my computer I've tried what you said but still the same this has happened before. And was downfor 3 days then came back on it's own and receiving E-Mails, but not this time?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars under Fetch New Data, make sure your iCloud account is set to Push.

Also, open Safari and make sure you can browse the internet. Mail does not come from your computer, but directly from the internet.

OP
M

Mr M Degville

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars under Fetch New Data, make sure your iCloud account is set to Push.

Also, open Safari and make sure you can browse the internet. Mail does not come from your computer, but directly from the internet.

OP
M

Mr M Degville

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get nothing on Safari the line that goes along top of page stops half way?

On push there is a tick in the same column?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My I-Pad is not receiving any E-Mails yet my Apple phone does receive mails both are Apple my computer also receives mail?How can I solve this problem

Please provide some additional information: 1) What iPad model do you own; 2) What iOS is installed; and 3) Do you use a router for your Wi-Fi network? From your previous responses, your iPad does not seem to be connected to the internet like your other devices.

I would suggest that your 'Reset' the iPad (i.e. hold the ON-OFF & HOME buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, release both and wait for a reboot - your apps, data, settings are all preserved). Also, power recycle your modem/router (may be one or two units), i.e. turn both off (or pull the power plugs), wait awhile, first re-power the modem, then the router (or just one if both in the same unit). Make sure that Wi-Fi is activated on the iPad in Settings, then try to browse the web w/ Safari (or any other browser) - if you are able to get onto the internet, then check you mail. Let us know if any of these suggestions helps. Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I get nothing on Safari the line that goes along top of page stops half way?

On push there is a tick in the same column?

Then you need to solve the internet connectivity issue first, before you can determine whether Mail is working.

First, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and make sure your iPad says it is connected to your network. Being connected to your wi-fi network does not guarantee that you'll have internet, but not being connected will certainly prevent it.

If it is connected, tap on the (i) icon and Forget Network.

If it is not, go to Settings > General > Reset and choose Reset Network Settings.

Now turn off your router and your wi-fi (these may be the same box, or not).

While the router is off, reset your iPad by holding the Home and Power buttons until the Apple logo appears, release and let it reboot.

After a minute or so turn the router and wi-fi back on. If they are separate, turing the router on first can sometimes make a difference.

When both the iPad, router, and wi-fi indicate they are back up, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and join your network.

If this does not work or does not continue to work let us know. It may be necessary to update the router (through your manufacturer's support site), or change some settings. Or it could be another problem altogether. I'm just guessing based on one of the most common causes of iPad's losing their internet connection, even though it looks like they are connected to wi-fi.

Edit: I really should have read giradman post first, and waited for your responce. Oh well.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hey TP - well at least we're thinking the same, so maybe on the right track! ;)

Yep, I was waiting until the OP responded before carrying the steps you recommended further, such as forgetting & resetting the network settings - SO, to the OP, if my suggestions don't help, then follow those next steps - Dave :)

OP
M

Mr M Degville

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please provide some additional information: 1) What iPad model do you own; 2) What iOS is installed; and 3) Do you use a router for your Wi-Fi network? From your previous responses, your iPad does not seem to be connected to the internet like your other devices.

I would suggest that your 'Reset' the iPad (i.e. hold the ON-OFF & HOME buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, release both and wait for a reboot - your apps, data, settings are all preserved). Also, power recycle your modem/router (may be one or two units), i.e. turn both off (or pull the power plugs), wait awhile, first re-power the modem, then the router (or just one if both in the same unit). Make sure that Wi-Fi is activated on the iPad in Settings, then try to browse the web w/ Safari (or any other browser) - if you are able to get onto the internet, then check you mail. Let us know if any of these suggestions helps. Dave :)

OP
M

Mr M Degville

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iI-Pad is Apple 10w USB Power, iOS is GOOGLE, Yes i use a router WI-FI, But as i said before im not getting E-Mails on my I-Pad, but are getting them on my Apple phone which are both connected to the same Router, Does this help?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We of course all have to use WiFi, but can you advise if you went through the logical steps suggested by the members above? Just to take an example, one simple step that has had some success in the past is simply turning the router off then on after about thirty seconds, and that was incorporated in the number of logical suggestions made by giradman and twerppoet above.
It would help in a process of elimination to know what exactly you have tried re the above suggestions.
Andrew

Last edited:
OP
M

Mr M Degville

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then you need to solve the internet connectivity issue first, before you can determine whether Mail is working.

First, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and make sure your iPad says it is connected to your network. Being connected to your wi-fi network does not guarantee that you'll have internet, but not being connected will certainly prevent it.

If it is connected, tap on the (i) icon and Forget Network.

If it is not, go to Settings > General > Reset and choose Reset Network Settings.

Now turn off your router and your wi-fi (these may be the same box, or not).

While the router is off, reset your iPad by holding the Home and Power buttons until the Apple logo appears, release and let it reboot.

After a minute or so turn the router and wi-fi back on. If they are separate, turing the router on first can sometimes make a difference.

When both the iPad, router, and wi-fi indicate they are back up, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and join your network.

If this does not work or does not continue to work let us know. It may be necessary to update the router (through your manufacturer's support site), or change some settings. Or it could be another problem altogether. I'm just guessing based on one of the most common causes of iPad's losing their internet connection, even though it looks like they are connected to wi-fi.

Edit: I really should have read giradman post first, and waited for your responce. Oh well.
We of course all have to use WiFi, but can you advise if you went through the logical steps suggested by the members above? Just to take an example, one simple step that has had some success in the past is simply turning the router off then on after about thirty seconds, and that was incorporated in the number of logical suggestions made by twerppoet above.
It would help in a process of elimination to know what exactly you have tried re the above suggestions.
Andrew

OP
M

Mr M Degville

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At last i have the Internet on my I-Pad, Thank you very much for your help Much Appreciated

Mr M Degville

Most reactions