What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Has Started iPad 2 Production According to Sources

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple use a built to order system and most retailers will have low stock so don't expect too much if they do they will get price protection if price is dropped. Regardless don't hold your breath on big discounts as it will not happen

Last edited:

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you think as soon as the iPad 2 launch date is announced and some say it will be tomorrow (Feb 14th), that current ipad prices will drop as every retailer tries to unload their stock?

Will the iPad one will stay on sale after launch of the iPad 2?

Apple pulls it's previous models out of retail stores as soon as the succeeding model arrives.

Apple typically has the previous generation model for sale at a slight discount on their website in their Clearance section.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The tricky thing is though, is that Verizon and AT&T try and get people to sign a two year contract when buying an iPad.

Um, I don't think you can get a plan for the iPad that requires a 2-year contract. The default is the month-to-month deal.

Reaction score
epb said:
Um, I don't think you can get a plan for the iPad that requires a 2-year contract. The default is the month-to-month deal.

It depends on the type of contract. If you only pay a fraction or so upfront, the contract will be over 24 month, but if you buy the whole iPad upfront and only get the contract on monthly rates, then you can get a monthly-rolling contract.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple pulls it's previous models out of retail stores as soon as the succeeding model arrives.

Apple typically has the previous generation model for sale at a slight discount on their website in their Clearance section.

Unless it's Wal-Mart....they seem to have the older models for months in the case.....

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It depends on the type of contract. If you only pay a fraction or so upfront, the contract will be over 24 month, but if you buy the whole iPad upfront and only get the contract on monthly rates, then you can get a monthly-rolling contract.

I have NEVER heard of this for an iPad - can you provide a link to this sort of deal?

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have NEVER heard of this for an iPad - can you provide a link to this sort of deal?

Japan has it too through SoftBank. It's called "iPad for Everyone"and you get the iPad 3G 16GB for free with a 2 year data contract.

Fifty50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadprices.eu
iPad on contract

Japan has it too through SoftBank. It's called "iPad for Everyone"and you get the iPad 3G 16GB for free with a 2 year data contract.

Now that sounds like a bargain. I had to buy my iPad and now pay for 3G data. Perhaps the two tiers of iPad prices those with data contracts and those without is the shape of things to come.

Mind you the contact deals are only really available on the lower memory models. So if you want a good one, you still have to pay for it.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad-2-case.JPG

This looks like some sort of cheap china copy case like you see all over eBay. You think only the major brands would get access to the dimensions first.

schwazche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With all the options that everyone's discussing, it seems as though Apple has been "floating" different features out to see how we respond. Marketing Research, so to speak.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Now that sounds like a bargain. I had to buy my iPad and now pay for 3G data. Perhaps the two tiers of iPad prices those with data contracts and those without is the shape of things to come.

Mind you the contact deals are only really available on the lower memory models. So if you want a good one, you still have to pay for it.

The higher memory mods are available, just discounted instead of free. You just pay whatever the normal price difference is from the 16GB to upgrade.

Most reactions

Latest posts