What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple doesn't want anymore money from me

Studor13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the iPad so much that I bought an iPod Touch for my wife.

Now she is hooked and wants to buy music but we are getting nowhere.

I tried puting in U2 in the iTunes search bar but I get a bunch of nonsense.

No matter what artist we try we get zip. We live in a small country called Slovenia and I'm wondering if this is the problem.

So far we've been able to buy Apps but it seems odd that we can't seem to be able to buy music.

Did we miss something?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lep pozdrav in dobrodošli na forumu!

Greetings and welcome to the forum!

The copyright laws can be different for every country so that might be the reason.

Last edited:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, man, have you tried to buy a book yet?

[rant warning]
Old media deserves to be wiped out for their restrictive anticompetitive business models that will never work.

While I'm on a rant, did you know that the radio industry tried to force a LAW that all cell phones should include radios. LOL

Old Media Farts: um, people will buy your stuff it they only have to pay for it once, it is accessible and available and the price is fair - if not, they will steal your stuff.
[/rant warning]

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried Amazon? Before I bought my first iPod, that is where I got most of my music. Music is in .MP3 format, but will work just fine on your iPad.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried Amazon? Before I bought my first iPod, that is where I got most of my music. Music is in .MP3 format, but will work just fine on your iPad.
I don't know if I'm searching right but all music searches on Amazon.ca wind up with selections on CD or vinyl. Haven't seen anything in mp3...:confused:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't see this option at the Amazon website?

amazon_pic.jpg

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is really bizarre! My wife and I were thinking about retiring in Victoria, BC, but not if I can't get my tunes!

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to Amazon.com and in downloads at the top of the page there was a warning that said music downloads are only available through the US.

Seems that Apple is not the only one to practice regional locking.

Most reactions

Latest posts