What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Denies Threatening to Remove Music From iTunes

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Apple Music will allow offline listening.JPG

Rolling Stone reports that Apple has said that it has not threatened to remove the music of musicians who do not sign up to Apple Music from iTunes. “It will not be taken off,” an Apple spokesperson told Rolling Stone, following Brian Jonestown Massacre frontman Anton Newcombe’s claim that Apple had been bullying him about signing up to Apple Music. Here’s an example of some of Newcombe’s tweets that accuse Apple of heavy-handed tactics.

“They said we want to stream your music free for three months. I said what if I say no, and they said, ‘We’ll take your music off iTunes.’ Hardball? F**k these satanic corporations.”

“The biggest company on earth wants to use my work to make money for three months and pay me nothing—I say no, I’m banned.”

Rolling Stone says that it has contacted Newcombe’s representative for evidence of his claims, but it has so far not had any response.

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...s-of-thuggish-treatment-of-musicians-20150618

Most reactions

Latest posts