Apple Could Bring Split-screen Multitasking for iPad Users in iOS 8

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, May 15, 2014.

By RaduTyrsina on May 15, 2014 at 7:42 AM
  1. RaduTyrsina

RaduTyrsina
    Expand Collapse
    News Team

Thanks Received:
    9236-721-Screen-Shot-2014-05-13-at-93405-AM-l.png

One of the biggest complaints iOS users have had for a while now, especially owners of iPad tablets, is the fact that it’s impossible to run two applications at the same time. This “weakness†has also been speculated by Microsoft, who has highlighted that Windows tablets can do that quite easily. But according to some fresh reports, the upcoming iOS 8 version could put an end to all that with a new multi-app split screen support. 9to5Mac publication has more details on this:

The feature has allegedly been designed with Apple's full-size 9.7-inch iPad models, so it’s not sure whether it will ill be available on the 7.9-inch iPad mini or not. The purported function could allow users might to easily drag text, video or images from one application to another. iOS is only been capable of showing one application at a time, as by “multitasking†in iOS, we understand the running of multiple processes on the background.

Source: 9to5Mac

Comments

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, May 15, 2014.

1. Ser Aphim
    2. AQ_OC
      AQ_OC
      I see no reason why that won't or can't be on the retina iPad mini....both modesl have the exact same number of pixels on the screen...no reason do bake in a difference in functionality.
    3. leelai
      leelai
      I saw this in our local paper yesterday also.

I hope it's true as I think it will be a great feature and make it so much easier for some tasks!
    4. skimonkey
      skimonkey
      It's about time we get this...I will look forward to seeing this feature.
    5. leelai
      leelai
      I'm thinking it will make it so much easier for us with what we do here! ;)
    6. Ser Aphim
      Ser Aphim
      Looks like I don"t have to get samsung for better multitasking at all.
    7. J.O.D.
      J.O.D.
      If it's true, then :D, but until confirmed by iOS 8 itself, I take it as speculation what-if.
    8. s2mikey
      s2mikey
      This seems to be a very in demand feature but I've yet pave a case where I feel I'd really need it. The four finger swipe between open apps does the trick for me. If it's done right though, it'll be another big selling point. As if they need more anyways. :)
    9. Elux72
      Elux72
      To tell the truth, I've quite gotten used to the lack of multi-tasking on iOS. I haven't found it a big problem to minimize one app and open another. That said, I definitely wouldn't object to having it, and I look forward to seeing how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF