What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Closing Gap on Samsung Thanks to iPad Mini and iPhone 5

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_mini.JPG

[FONT=&quot]AppleInsider reports today on new figures from industry tracking company IDC that show that Apple is gaining on Samsung. Specifically, IDC’s new Smart Connected Device Tracker report shows that while Samsung still leads the connected device market with a 21.2% share, Apple has closed the gap, and now has a 20.3% unit shipment share. AppleInsider says that it is the release of the iPhone 5 and the iPad mini, and their incredible success, that has helped Apple achieve this. As far as the revenue from the market is concerned, Apple is way out ahead, with a 30.7% share of revenues in the fourth quarter, with Samsung some way behind with 20.4% in the fourth quarter. IDC’s figures reveal an estimate of 378 million connected devices (which include desktop computers, notebooks, tablets, and smartphones) shipped, making a revenue total of over $168 billion. IDC also says that by 2017, it thinks the worldwide smart connected device market will reach 2.2 billion units shipped, and revenues of $814.3 billion.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] IDC: Apple to approach Samsung in connected devices, tablets to surpass PCs

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No surprises there Maura. I don't doubt it. I must go and look at all my favourite apple websites now. Thanks Maura. Xx

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts