What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Camera kit

Eddieboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all I am thinking about getting this for my ipad for when I am in Thailand in a months time (have a digital camera ill be taking which uses a SD Card) and I see you can also use a usb connection...now I am wondering if you can use that usb connection to connect the iphone 4 to the ipad to move photos over to the ipad?

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Works for both ipad 1 and 2.

When you connect the iphone to the ipad via the connection kit, the screen slides across and shows you all the photos on the iphone

- Sig - How to stop being notified of new posts, in the IPF app, goto the subscribed tab, then swipe left/right on the threads you no longer want to follow - I bleed in 6 colours

Last edited:

GeoffTee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Camera Kit

My advice is don't go anywhere near it. It worked fine when I bought the Ipad(1) for the wife downloading pictures from Canon EOS Series Cameras and her Flip Video. Now, it just comes up with USB Device is not compatible. I believe it is something to do with the OS 4.2 upgrade which downgraded the current on the USB port from 100ma to 20ma. It will still work if you take a card reader and plug into the adaptor, but that's just more kit to lug around. I want my money back for this bit of kit as Apple disabled it without telling anyone. And their tech support is useless. Just because they think they've cornered the market, they think that tech support for existing customers is a waste. I certainly shall not be purchasing an IPad 2 or anything else Apple until they sort out Tech Support and value their customers a bit more.:mad:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My advice is don't go anywhere near it.

I appreciate you are angry and frustrated that the change in power specification has messed up your usage of the kit, however for the OP's stated scenario it is absolutely fine.
Connecting an iPhone4 to iPad via CCK works extremely well, as does using the SD Adapter with a digital camera's SD card, and I would not like to think the OP was put off doing this because of your bad experience with other equipment in a different scenario. It does sound like a good solution for Eddieboi.

Sorry your Apple experience was messed up though, GeoffTee.

ushermactra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even though you don't seem to like the device. I have a question for you were you, or anyone else for that matter, able to upload video from an SD card into an iPad2?

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ushermactra said:
Even though you don't seem to like the device. I have a question for you were you, or anyone else for that matter, able to upload video from an SD card into an iPad2?

I had no problems uploading videos I took with two different digital cameras on two different SD cards to my iPad while on vacation.

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ushermactra said:
Phine:

Thanks for answering. How did you upload from the card?

Just plug it into the iPad and the photos app will open to the import screen. Just a note though, if you have a large full card it'll take a moment to load all the previews, just be patient and give it time to load. You can then select the pictures you want to import. As with most things Apple, it's pretty intuitive and easy to figure out.

AceOfThumbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My advice is don't go anywhere near it. It worked fine when I bought the Ipad(1) for the wife downloading pictures from Canon EOS Series Cameras and her Flip Video...

It works with my Canon Xsi camera. Did you mean you had a problem with the Canon or with the Flip?

I also use it with a USB keyboard and it works great.

ushermactra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Phine00Del said:
Just plug it into the iPad and the photos app will open to the import screen. Just a note though, if you have a large full card it'll take a moment to load all the previews, just be patient and give it time to load. You can then select the pictures you want to import. As with most things Apple, it's pretty intuitive and easy to figure out.

What about the vids?
The photos app doesn't download videos. How did you managed that ?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Videos from the camera are imported along with pictures.

-t

ushermactra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not really. What version iOS do you have? or maybe is an issue with the photos app version? Or the type of file I. Recording in..... Nonetheless the videos are NOT uploading

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not really. What version iOS do you have? or maybe is an issue with the photos app version? Or the type of file I. Recording in..... Nonetheless the videos are NOT uploading

Videos will only be imported if they are in a supported format. What format are you using and what is the source?

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can import 720hd but 1080hd just loads a blank that says movie. I have a Nikon p100.

Most reactions