What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Bluetooth Keyboard battery life

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just bought the Apple bluetooth keyboard and was wondering how long I can expect the batteries to last? I will be using it lightly....maybe an hour or less per day. Should I expect to replace the batteries every week, month, 3 months, etc ???? I kind of though it would have rechargeable batteries but found out it doesn't.

I would appreciate hearing about your experiences with this keyboard.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:
Reaction score
The battery will last a long time, especially with moderate use.

My keyboard was purchased 2 1/2 month and is still running on the original batteries. But I don't use it that often, perhaps an hour a day during weekdays and a wee bit more on weekends.

iTom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have one connected to my desktop and i never turn it off. It's been over a year already and I am still 50% power.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Wow, I never get that much out of the one I have on the computer, but I do use it a lot. And 2 to 3 months is still pretty darn good. The magic mouse runs down faster.

Most reactions

Latest posts