What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Apps Such as iWork and iLife Could be Free With iOS 7

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
iOS_7_iWorks_free.JPG

Very exciting news on 9to5 Mac today about the possibility of Apple making the iWorks suite, as well as some of its other premium apps, free content with the advent of iOS 7. The news initially broke via a couple of eagle-eyed Twitter users who spotted that iWorks apps Pages, Numbers and Keynote all appear listed as free downloads in the newly released iOS 7 beta 3. Also included in the list of free apps are the likes of Garageband, iMovie and iPhoto, all of which are now currently paid apps. As 9to5 Mac notes, this move could have something to do with the upcoming launch of iWork for iCloud web apps, which will be free to use, thus Apple is possibly thinking that it makes good business sense to have both the iOS and iCloud iWork apps available to all for free. Being able to download these apps for free would certainly be a big saving for iOS users who haven't already purchased the apps at full price, with Keynote, Pages and Numbers all costing $9.99 currently. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Big thanks to Super Moderator skimonkey for the heads up on this story![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] iWork, iLife appear in iOS 7 free downloads screen, corroborates Apple apps going free theory | 9to5Mac

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that the possibility of having iworks as a free download for iOS 7 is just wonderful for everyone. I have Pages already, but would love to see Numbers and Keynote be a free offering with the next update.

Thanks, Maura for your hard work with this!

Ski~

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sigh. Then, there are the unfortunate sods who've already bought all three of the Apple office products...

Still, good news for most... :)

And - want to add my thanks for your hard work on the news, Maura. It is always appreciated (though not as often thanked or mentioned).

Marilyn

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is good news! I purchased Numbers and Pages, but haven't had the money for Keynote.

Thank you, Maura!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is good news!

I don't have any of these apps.....don't really have a need but if they are free, I will be getting them!

Thank you Maura and Skimonkey for this great news!

restlesscali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the hard work and update Maura and Skimonkey!!! Job well done!!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
YAY!!!

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is good news! I purchased Numbers and Pages, but haven't had the money for Keynote.

Thank you, Maura!

I just bought pages back in 2011 and pages for Mac.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It would indeed be a smart move by Apple to fight off the competition which basically gives away hardware. I have all of them but Numbers, which I would like too.

I wish they would do the same on OS X! :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I go back and forth between open office and Pages for my uses. Would love to see Keynote and Number in my tool kit as well!

Most reactions

Latest posts