Apple Announces iOS 8, Here are Some of the Most Important New Features

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by RaduTyrsina, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I am suprised by how the iPad 2 will still have iOS 8. What if it lags so hard?

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    As usual for older devices and the wise, wait until the first (or second) version of the new iOS is out, and listen to what the early adopters say.

That said, I'm seldom that patient.

3. Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Well I see that the update has a lot of new features, but I doubt the iPad 2 will have all of it. I am not very patient so I guess I'm a dead man. I will just wait for a few days and will update if everything goes dandy.

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    A few days is usually easier anyway. The load on Apple's servers usually drops off enough that you can complete the update in one try. :)

5. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    You and me both. Just a few keyboard tweaks is all I really care about. The email program is finally being made better though... That was another one that felt old and somewhat useless.

6. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    It still won't be like Android just because there can be third-party keyboards....

7. WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Thank you for that reply. Just what I am looking for. Looks like Apple peeps are listening to customers. I am not the only one that likes both numbers and letters on the same view.

Sent from my IPAD 4th generation. WIFI only. 128GB

8. WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I always tell peeps I have an iPad 4. Much easier than saying iPad with retina display.

9. WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I found a great email application by name on MailTo. It is free. This allows to hit SELECT ALL on any folder and either move, delete, mark and other options. The included email application does not allow for one to select ALL to delete all emails at once.

10. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    And most people will understand that; but when reading Apple press releases it help to remember that Apple does not use the terms iPad 3, or 4. Instead they are the iPad with Retina display, and then 3rd or 4th generation when they need to make a distinction.

I expect the iPad Air will go the same way. The only question (in my mind) is whether they will start the generation number over again (iPad Air 1st or 2nd generation), or default to the year released (iPad Air 2013 and 2014) like they do for new iMac and MacBook models.