What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Also Teases Their Fourth Gen iPad

crw1948

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The IPad 4 had to be in production when they released the 3. If they released it as the 2S, like they released the 3S iPhone and we knew the newer version would be released in six months, shame on us. I think Apple should allow those who wish to exchange their 3 for a 4, at a modest return would be a great Customer Support and relations for Apple. Apple may have lost a lot of customers, with this Halloween trick, no treat.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Twism86 said:
Its not rocket science. Apple comes out with a new connector, new iPhone, iTouch, iPods, etc...... It was only very likely that they would be update the majority of their line for the new connector. Any one who buy every single new generation is going to be disappointed. I myself stick to upgrading every other, or every couple generations.
I have the iPad 2 and the 3 wasnt a big enough incentive to upgrade. Now with the 4 I think it had improved enough to be worth it, even though im still very happy with my 2.

Its the day of fast paced technology upgrades, nothing new, its been happening since the early 2000's. Dont get so POed about the little thing, far more important stuff in life to worry about. ;)

Makes me want to upgrade even less often than more often!!! I guess five will be out 1st or 2nd qtr 2013 and 6 will follow sometime later in the year lol.

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS6 Update From NYC!!! using iPF

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Makes me want to upgrade even less often than more often!!! I guess five will be out 1st or 2nd qtr 2013 and 6 will follow sometime later in the year lol.

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS6 Update From NYC!!! using iPF

And that's about the most sensible thing I read all day. What is it about the iPad that as soon as a new one is released, all of the old ones have to be jettisoned. The conventional wisdom has been, both with iPads and iPhones, that you buy one, miss one because the upgrade is not far enough removed from what you already have.

Someone remarked a few weeks ago that if Apple went to a six month product life, they would go to an eighteen month buying schedule. I think that's a very good idea.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts