1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Apple Also Teases Their Fourth Gen iPad

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by dgstorm, Oct 23, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60 / 0
    [​IMG]

Fourth Gen 10-Inch iPad teased as well.

4th Gen iPad specs:
    • A6X Chip with Faster Performance - Twice that of the previous iPad
    • Next-gen ISP Chip
    • 10-hour Battery Life
    • Facetime HD
    • Working with many carriers
    • WiFi twice as fast
    • Updated to Lightning Connectors
    • New Retina Display
    • 16GB WiFi $499
    • Cellular for $629
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  2. Wookiee2cu

Wookiee2cu iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    If I had just gotten an iPad 3 recently I'd be a little po'd right now. The cycle for the iPad has been 1 year and folks know that going into the purchase but say you just got yours a month ago and are beyond the return period, that would be a tough pill to swallow knowing a new device just came out that is twice as fast, has the new connector and is the same price. I think Apple it going to have quite a few upset customers over this move. I know technology changes/improves at a fast rate, blah blah blah but when you set up a product life cycle and then all of a sudden change it and make it shorter, you are asking for it. What do you folks think?
  3. Good karma

Good karma iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    I got my ipad 3 few months ago so i am not as unhappy, however if i had bought it a few weeks ago i be not to happy. I remember when i bought my ipad 1 for £429, few months later the better and faster dual core ipad 2 came out costing £399, or £29 less then the ipad 1. That time i was well unhappy

RIP Steve Jobs 
  4. AdmiralAdama

AdmiralAdama Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
    Ratings:
    +596 / 0
    Under Steve Jobs, Apple was a leader.
    By adopting the 6 month refresh cycle of its chief rival, some may conclude Apple is now following.

And I think I'd grind my teeth a little if I purchased a 3rd gen iPad only to learn there's going to be twice as much under the hood six months later.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF
  5. gozierdt

gozierdt iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I did just buy an iPad 3 one month ago, and I'm really pissed. I hope they will offer some sort of
    reduced price upgrade path...
  6. noddy

noddy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was gonna get an ipad3 a few weeks ago and something told me to hang on. I still might though as I hope the price will come down on them now.
  7. bertandernie

bertandernie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought mine 3 weeks ago so not happy at all that is going to be superceeeded already :( seeing I had put the purchase off for while
  8. Wookiee2cu

Wookiee2cu iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    If you bought in the last 30 days from an apple store, call them and see if they are offering an exchange. Just read that the store in San Francisco is offering that deal (as long as the iPad 3 is not blemished/damaged) but the manager said it is at the individual stores discretion, not a policy. If you bought from another retailer you can try contacting them as well but I would be surprised if they would do it.
  9. alexss

alexss iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I dont get the wifi improvement. Will all internet speeds be affected or is something restricted?? Like only 50mbs connections or above will see a difference
  10. gambit

gambit iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    when will it lauch in market ?
  11. pkay1

pkay1 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got my Ipad 3 on launch day and I am super duper pissed never mind those who got theirs last week.
    Dunno about most other people but £600 was a hell of a lot of money for me, Let us be honest this is not a refresh it is a whole new model what with new camera , chip , wifi connection ,
    and charger everyone with an older pad will be well pissed cos apple have basically done a Samsung special...
  12. alexg41

alexg41 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve jobs could have done it better.
  13. tlbaker

tlbaker iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    I am still on iPad 2 HA!!!! Did we know ipad4 or the new new iPad was coming?? I haven't been on here in a while.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF
  14. tlbaker

tlbaker iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    Can u return it??

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF
  15. therealriley

therealriley iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    I agree, I bought my iPad 2 in February this year and nobody mentioned an iPad 3, now there's going to be an iPad mini and a iPad 4? Outdated 3 times in less than a year is taking the p*** I reckon they are going to get a bad name as being too greedy soon. What gets me is there fan base will only get annoyed. I paid £579 for mine and I've not got another £579 for the next models. The iPad mini is not far off a repackaged iPad 2, if there thinking of making the iPad 2 obsolete soon why use the same technology in their new product. I then give it 6 months before the mini 2 or mini S with all the features it should have had in the first place. That way they get to squeeze in a quick 50 million over Xmas.
  16. emt845

emt845 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Instead of concentrating on introducing a new iPad Apple to invest in fixing their blunders with iOS6. Just my opinion. Since I just bought my iPad3 I sure hope Apple is sending me a credit.
  17. MILJAN

MILJAN iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    They should announce release of iPad and lot of us wouldn't bought ipad3.That was mean.. :(
  18. smithclarke3

smithclarke3 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Apple teased that it had "a little more to show" us prior to today's San Francisco event, but it's clear now that the phrasing was humble at best. Not only has the much-anticipated, rumored and leaked 7.9-inch iPad mini been officially revealed, but so has a smattering of
    new and refreshed offerings across its range of gizmos
  19. Twism86

Twism86 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its not rocket science. Apple comes out with a new connector, new iPhone, iTouch, iPods, etc...... It was only very likely that they would be update the majority of their line for the new connector. Any one who buy every single new generation is going to be disappointed. I myself stick to upgrading every other, or every couple generations.
    I have the iPad 2 and the 3 wasnt a big enough incentive to upgrade. Now with the 4 I think it had improved enough to be worth it, even though im still very happy with my 2.

Its the day of fast paced technology upgrades, nothing new, its been happening since the early 2000's. Dont get so POed about the little thing, far more important stuff in life to worry about. ;)
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2012
  20. solarrdadd

solarrdadd iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i watched the keynotes but there was no mention of the release date or even hint of a release date for the iPad4. does anyone have a guess as to whether it will be released for late holiday this year or 1st quarter next year? i've got an iPad2 and can wait. i really wanted the mini, but, i chose not to get it because it didn't have the retina display. if it had said display, i'd be buying that despite the spec's on the upcoming iPad4.

another interesting thing, do we expect that they will now release a mini to shadow last years version of every iPad released as a new generation of iPad gets announced? Or, at some point, will they release the same tech in just the two sizes regular & mini?