What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple air setup. Please help

Tomatonut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm at a real loss here. The instructions sound simple but I can't find how to log into iTunes on the iPad so that I can link it to the airplay box.
I managed to do it on the laptop ok but the iPad doesn't show a tool bar of any kind.
I've searched the web and watched tube but nothing they show seems to be the same as on the retina model.
Any clues!!
I'm getting depressed.
Thanks.
Rosco

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do a four-finger swipe up on your screen to reveal the multi-task bar. Then, swipe to the right to reveal from the left. You should see similar to my screen shot here:

ga4ehaze.jpg

If you touch the triangle-like icon (circled in red in my picture) - you should then be connected to and "beaming" to Apple's AirPlay.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Last edited:
OP
T

Tomatonut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Mickey,
The attachment didn't open but I've tried what you said and there is no icon there. Just volume and brightness controls.
Thanks for trying.
Rosco

OP
T

Tomatonut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey you're fantastic,
Wifey had switched box off at the wall and now all is well.
If you ever get over this way let me shout you a beer.
Kind regards.
Rosco

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There was no screen shot in the post Marilyn. I would like to see it. Could you repost?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, that did it. Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I was following what you were suggesting.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

LNE WoLF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey - In your pic, the first icon to the far left. A circle with an arrow with a lock. What is the purpose of the lock, no lock....

Thank you....

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey - In your pic, the first icon to the far left. A circle with an arrow with a lock. What is the purpose of the lock, no lock....

Thank you....

It's the rotation lock, to stop the screen from rotating (when the padlock is visible) or allowing it to rotate (when the padlock isn't visible).

The Archangel

LNE WoLF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. Should have checked back. After diggin thru the manual finally found it.....Learn sumptin new everyday......

I knew there was a sliding lock..

Thanks again....

Most reactions

Latest posts