What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple 12W USB Power Adapter

R10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I recently bought an ipad 3 (used) but it did not come with a charger. Since this is my first ipad i assumed that it would charge like a regular ipod with the usb cord connected to the PC but from a little research i found out that it will charge the ipad but very slowly. The correct way of charging it is using the 10w usb power adapter that came with the ipod if bought new. But then I read that the new ipad 4 came with a 12w power adapter and of course charged the ipad a lot quicker. So my question is, is it okay to use the Apple 12W USB Power Adapter on the iPad 3? or should i just buy the 10w power adapter.

Also would you guys recommened me to buy the original Apple power adapter or would a different brand make a difference?

thank you!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The 12W charger will do an excellent job of charging your iPad. Just make sure that if you also buy another cable to go with it you get the USB to 30 Pin, not the lightning cable.

OP
R

R10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so which cable do i buy?
I'm really new to all of this so yeah lol

OP
R

R10

iPF Noob
Reaction score