What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Upgrades

wjb216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own an iPad 1. When I'm told by iTunes that there is an upgrade available for one of my Apps, can I be sure that the upgrade is suitable for the iPad1 or will many new upgrades only be suitable for folks lucky enough to own iPads that run iOS 6? If, as I suspect, I will now have to review every upgraded App on an individual basis, how do I eliminate the unsuitable Apps from the upgrade list? The last thing I want to see is is a three figure number of upgrades available, none of which are suitable for my iPad! In other words, I still want an iPad where I can safely use the upgrade all button. Do I have that? If not, is Apple going to do anything about that?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your iPad will only accept updates that are designed for it. Any others will not be downloaded, so yes, you can still use the Update All button.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Many of the apps coming out now add support for iPhone 5 but I have the 4S. I update them anyway as I have a lot of apps and If I don't I won't know how to keep track of the ones that only add updates for the 4S. Bottom line, even if all the update does is add support for a new device, it still should work on your iPad 1. It is not unsuitable for your iPad of the developer is letting it update on your device. Also, there should be bug fixes and enhancements that work across all devices that the app runs on. You really don't need to owrry.

Most reactions