What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App updates

phonegirl15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad3 shows (1) update available but when I try to update all apps are up to date. What am I missing?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where are you seeing the "update available"? It might could be that it's not an app that needs updating, but your iOS. If we know where the update is showing, we might can help...

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
phonegirl15 said:
Ipad3 shows (1) update available but when I try to update all apps are up to date. What am I missing?

If the red dot with the 1 in it is on the App Store icon, it means an App needs updating. If it's on the Settings icon, it means that an iOS update is available.

This screenshot from my iPod, for example, shows that an update to iOS 6.0.1 is available.

image-2924374491.jpg.

image-716895206.jpgThis screenshot shows that I have 3 App updates available, as well.

Last edited:
OP
phonegirl15

phonegirl15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Where are you seeing the "update available"? It might could be that it's not an app that needs updating, but your iOS. If we know where the update is showing, we might can help...

Marilyn

I just updated the iOS. It's showing by the app icon. I've updated many apps, just not had this happen. Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
phonegirl15 said:
I just updated the iOS. It's showing by the app icon. I've updated many apps, just not had this happen. Thanks.

How about trying this. Press the power and home buttons simultaneously and hold them until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. When it does, try the update again.

OP
phonegirl15

phonegirl15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
How about trying this. Press the power and home buttons simultaneously and hold them until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. When it does, try the update again.

I just powered off/on before I saw your comment, that fixed it. I was able to update. Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
phonegirl15 said:
I just powered off/on before I saw your comment, that fixed it. I was able to update. Thanks.

Now you know what to do next time it happens, and it will.

Most reactions

Latest posts