What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App updates now require password

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad 2 IOS 8 was getting sluggish, and the 'other' value in iTunes was very high, so, following suggestions in the forum and on the web, I backed up and restored via iTunes (plugged in).

All went well, now not so sluggish, 'other' value now low, BUT, every time an app appears ready for update I am asked for my apple password, which I have not had to do before. I have searched settings and iTunes, apps auto download is set.

Anyone any ideas ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Check Settings > General > Restrictions > Require Password. If it's set to immediately, that might be the problem.

Also, under Settings > iTunes & App Store, turning on Updates under the Automatic Downloads section should help. Apps will update on their own in the background, eventually.

OP
Gtatler

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check Settings > General > Restrictions > Require Password. If it's set to immediately, that might be the problem.

Also, under Settings > iTunes & App Store, turning on Updates under the Automatic Downloads section should help. Apps will update on their own in the background, eventually.

Thanks TP. I think the operative word is 'eventually'. For some strange reason apps are now updating without requesting password, with no settings changed.

It seems as if in certain circumstances the operating system has to 'settle down' before it reaches a stable, working state.

Very odd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts